Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking about staying with Ubuntu 14.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Thinking about staying with Ubuntu 14.04

Well, those would always work well But i tend to "roll with it" (reminds me of the old Steve Winwood song from the 70s...LOL)...
    So, i was wondering more about how the LTS to LTS upgrade works as far as reliability...

Beans

I think Mir will be the default for 15.10 and I expect it to be buggy (they have to push it out before the next LTS) I don't want to keep upgrading (I mean reinstalling the next version, I don't do 'upgrades') and the when the 9 months of 15.04 is done have to go through the troubles of reinstalling 14.04.

d-cosner is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans

I see some very good reasoning by most of you to stay with the LTS! I agree that MIR will be buggy when it arrives. 14.10 is in feature freeze and it really does not have any new features... Upgrading to a release with no real new features and only 9 months of support would be pointless. The LTS looks and runs great and is mature enough now that the bugs have been worked out of it. This is the first time that I have decided to stay with an LTS.

I guess I would rather enjoy using my computer than fixing bugs from upgrading. The developers did a great job on 14.04, not only with polishing Unity but with building a very stable, reliable release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I started my Linux / Ubuntu experience with 12 and moved right along to 13 and now I'm planning on staying with 14 LTS for my main productivity OS.

i have a separate partition I will occasionally test with 15 or 16 or some other distro.
    HP | Intel iCore 7 3.2Ghz | 12 Gb mem | SSD Win7 | HDD Trusty | Mate 16.04
    Dell laptop | Intel iCore 3 2.1Ghz | 4 Gb mem | MATE 16.04 + Win 7
    Regards, Pete

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123