Thread: SVN File Check-In Issue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

SVN File Check-In Issue

Hello,

I am trying to get an svn server going on my site. Everything is going well. I can browse my repository tree with apache, and can check out my empty projects with no issues. The problem comes when I want to import an existing project to my repo. I can commit folders without issue, but any file I try to commit gives me a "Unexpected http status 500 'internal server error'"

I have given my user access to the repository, and the folder has the correct permissions since I can view the files, as well as commit a folder... What could be causing this?

Thank you,

Beans

Re: SVN File Check-In Issue

can you share the exact ci command?

Beans
    Distro

***SOLVED***

Virtual host location root cannot be "/". I changed it to "/svn", and everything is fine.

Repository:

-Doesn't matter what type of tree I make in here
    - "svnadmin create /home/svn"
    - "svnadmin create /home/svn/reponame"
    - "chown -R svnuser:www-data /home/svn"
    - "chmod -R g+rws /home/svn"

Local Machine:

- "svn checkout http://svn.my-site.com/reponame --username USER" >> Successful download
    - Copy all files from a project I have been working on into the newly downloaded directory.
    - cd into this downloaded directory.
    - "svn add *"
    - "svn commit (or svn ci) --username USER" >> svn: E175002: Unexpected HTTP status 500 'Internal Server Error'

Now, if I make a folder called "TESTDIR" and use "svn add TESTDIR" and "svn commit", the directory uploads without issue.
    If I make a file called "TESTFILE" and use "svn add TESTFILE" and "svn commit", I get the error shown above.

This is a password protected repository, but I know this is working because I can browse the repo online, as well as checkout the initial repo.

*EDIT: I also did a chmod 777 on my local folder to see if that would help. No dice.

I also found that for some reason my compiled objects in the folder will upload fine (not directly created by me), but no other files will.
    Thank you,
    Last edited by fret669; August 27th, 2014 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Added more info

Beans
    Distro

*bump*