Thread: Thumb drive creation

Beans

Thumb drive creation

I've made a tool for OS X users to create Elementary OS / *buntu thumb drives!!

The tool is available at https://github.com/sdaitzman/element...bdrive-creator

Please keep in mind, this is 100% functional but I consider it beta-quality. It's been tested but only by me. Let me know what you think and please report bugs on Github or here.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Thumb drive creation

Welcome as a maker of tools to create boot [thumb] drives

I make mkusb, which is a bash script file

Howto make USB boot drives

Beans

Cool I'll consider using mkusb for my project...

I actually considered making a command line util like this. They are great but my target audience is less-savvy users; that being said, your tool looks awesome for people more like me and you.

If my tool gets some positive reception and I convert it to a more advanced Cocoa-Applescript application I'll definitely (assuming you're alright with this) include it as a backend.

Beans
    Hidden!

The mkusb script is open source, so you are welcome to use it. As usual, you should state that you use it (or parts of it). But I don't see how you can use it as a back-end in an efficient way. Maybe you can use the concept and some part of it, to wrap around cloning with dd.