Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot find Java. Please use --jdkhome to switch the jdk path

Beans

Exclamation Cannot find Java. Please use --jdkhome to switch the jdk path

Hello everyone!

This error shows up when I try to run Netbeans (OS independent Zip) and I have no idea what could be the problem. I do have installed java jdk 7 in my computer but this path :
    netbeans_jdkhome="/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386"

This path doesn't work, I mean "java-7-openjdk-i386" is the folder where is located. So, Wheter I'm writing the wrong path or I have to add something to it I need your help!! How can I do to make it work? PD: I'm using lubuntu 14.04

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Cannot find Java. Please use --jdkhome to switch the jdk path

This NetBeans wiki hints that that netbeans_ jdkhome should point somewhere in /usr/bin rather thant in /usr/lib.
    Warning: unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.

Beans

Thank you ofnuts but unfortunately usr/bin also doesn't work, at least, when you say "it should point somewhere" inside the folder bin, so what archive should I put? I tried with usr/bin/java to fix it, however, as I mentioned it doesn't worked too!
    I thing my problem is I am putting the wrong path because I don't know if I should put the whole folder where java jdk is located or directly to the archive...
    In conclusion, Can you help me to write the correct path to jdk?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Do you have a directory /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386? If so do you have a /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386/bin/javac?

By the way are you really meaning to use the 32-bit version? Normally you have a /usr/lib/jvm/default-java which should be a link to the JDK to use.
    Warning: unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ofnuts View Post
    This NetBeans wiki hints that that netbeans_ jdkhome should point somewhere in /usr/bin rather thant in /usr/lib.
    I have never seen, nor had, this issue. Perhaps it was because I had JAVA_HOME defined to the location where I had my Java JDK installed.

Note, under Linux systems, the JDK package can be installed anywhere one wishes to install it.

P.S. I also define JDK_HOME to be the same as my JAVA_HOME; it's probably redundant, but some scripts I run use one or the other.

Beans

I just wrote the path like this: usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386/jre and netbeans loaded(very slow but it loaded), nevertheless, another problem just came out, some modules can't load. Would it be the same problem? I hope no...

P.D. I tried usr/lib/jvm/defalut-java also and the same situations with modules.
    Last edited by dylan0005; August 11th, 2014 at 01:24 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by dylan0005 View Post
    I just wrote the path like this: usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386/jre and netbeans loaded(very slow but it loaded), nevertheless, another problem just came out, some modules can't load. Would it be the same problem? I hope no...
    Probably not. Just open another thread.

P.S. Have you tried to build your project without the need of an IDE? It would not hurt you to learn how the silly IDE does things.

Beans

mmm.. not yet. How's it work?

It shows me "netbeans runs without JDK, just with JRE" and It asks me for the location of JDK. I don't know what else to do with that path...
    Last edited by dylan0005; August 11th, 2014 at 01:42 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Netbeans runs with a JRE, however if you want to develop Java applications, then eventually you will need to compile them with a JDK.

Beans

I see... I just need that netbeans can recognize and find JDK.. the question is: Which could it be the correct path? I'm frustrated, nothing works
    Last edited by dylan0005; August 11th, 2014 at 10:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast