Thread: Jailed?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Jailed?

Why would suggesting that an issue might not be dependent on specific hardware as suggested by the OP of a thread be off-topic since I am experiencing the exact same issue (slow networking)? What about it was pointless?

What is pointless, ironically, is this forum. I looked back through the threads I've opened over the years asking for help and I don't think the forum helped resolve a single issue for me, so whatever... Go ahead and censor this too.

It doesn't matter.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Jailed?

Thread moved to Resolution Centre.

You hijacked someone else's thread which asked for help about a specific regression affecting a specific piece of networking hardware to post a non-specific rambling account of your internet problems. It was not helpful to the OP to suggest that their problem might not be specific to their hardware, since the detailed evidence they posted makes it clear that help needs to be focussed on their wireless nic, before anything else. Furthermore, it was discourteous. We have an unanswered threads team who look for new threads that have not been responded to and who try to help. By responding to the post, you took it out of the unanswered team's radar and reduced the chances of the OP getting the specific help they needed.

If you wish to get help for your own internet problems, please start your own thread giving as much relevant details as possible.

If you wish to start a discussion thread rather than a support thread, there are chat areas in the forum that you can use.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hijacked—whatever. The language of discourse is entirely too aggressive. If you want people to work within some enigmatic procedures, they should probably be made aware of them at some point. So what you are saying is, if there is some broader issue, someone must then open a new thread suggesting that? How do you imagine that works? I am entirely disillusioned with the entire forum experience. I, myself, will simply wait. For better or worse, the one constant with open source software seems to be change, so just as this problem came up out of the blue, so will it—I'm sure—pass. I wish him the best of luck on finding a resolution before then, but I suggest he doesn't hold his breath

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The purpose of the Forum is to provide technical support to those that are having problems. Your post was jusr a vague rambling that provided nothing in the way of help to the op.Your problem is easily fixable, but you need to start a thread of your own, in order to get help with solving it.