Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printer Stopped "Filter Failed"

Beans

Printer Stopped "Filter Failed"

I'm really new to ubunty and I'm trying to install a thermal printer which I have the drivers for using CUPS, the system recognizes the printer and I can add it in CUPS, and can even see that it says idle, but when printing I always get Stopped "Filter Failed", so I looked into the CUPS error_log and I can see this error message:
    PPD uses qualifier 'Gray..'
    Calling FindDeviceById(cups-XP-58)
    Found device /org/freedesktop/ColorManager/devices/cups_XP_58
    Calling GetProfileForQualifiers(Gray.....)
    Failed to send: org.freedesktop.ColorManager.Device.NothingMatched :nothing matched expression 'Gray..,Gray..*,Gray.*.,Gray.*.*,*'
    Failed to get profile filename for cups-XP-58
    no profiles specified in PPD

I have been looking in the forums and in google with no luck, can anyone help?

Thanks!

Beans

Re: Printer Stopped "Filter Failed"

Ok, after a lot of research and not been able to find anything and guided by the "Failed to get profile filename for cups-XP-58" I tried copying the XP-58.ppd to a cups-XP-58.ppd and it got rid of that error, now the log says it found the profile, but the job is still ending in "Filter Failed" and no previous error is logged. I can not seem find the issue.

Beans

Ok, I digged into the error log again and I found this problem:
    [Job 10] PID 8462 (/usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoxp) stopped with status 102 (No such file or directory)
    however the file is there, why is cups not accesing to it?

Beans

Any luck with this error?

FYI: I have the same cups issue on my Fedora 19 cups 1.6.4 with the J-speed XP-58.
    Last edited by willie4; September 3rd, 2014 at 05:42 AM.

Beans

I also have this same issue. My printer is a chinese model (xprinter XP-58) that comes with the instructions manual (in chinese), I was able to install the printer on windows 7, but I can't make it work on linux with cups. The error I get is the same: Filter Failed, rastertoxp failed. In my case the file rastertoxp file is extracted from a script that came with my printer to the corresponding folder.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I also had this error today. HP C5280.
    I had a look at several posts and found one that said removing and reinstalling the printer fixed the problem but did not work for me. Then I remembered I had just printed a double sided doc on a non duplex printer by setting the 'Filter' to odd then even pages only.

I was now trying to print off the first page only, of a document. ( an odd page !! ) With the Filter still set to even pages only (forgot to set it back to all pages)

Needles to say it works fine now.

I don't suppose this is the cause for all the people with this problem but I hope this will at least help some

Check the printer filter settings you may have the wrong filter set
    Ibod.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by jess8 View Post
    I also have this same issue. My printer is a chinese model (xprinter XP-58) that comes with the instructions manual (in chinese), I was able to install the printer on windows 7, but I can't make it work on linux with cups. The error I get is the same: Filter Failed, rastertoxp failed. In my case the file rastertoxp file is extracted from a script that came with my printer to the corresponding folder.
    I had a somewhat similar problem installing a Samsung Multifunction laser on MX14, a Debian based distro from antix. This thread has the solution to my problem:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/39080...rinter-ml-2545.

I need to create a symlink. I don't know if this is similar to your problem or not.

Beans

Did anyone solve this problem because I'm having the same problem with the Xprinter XP-Q200 which uses the XP-80 driver. It just says filter failed and in the debug info the rastertoxp filter says status 127 (File to large)

Getting kind of desperate.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dylan41 View Post
    Did anyone solve this problem because I'm having the same problem with the Xprinter XP-Q200 which uses the XP-80 driver. It just says filter failed and in the debug info the rastertoxp filter says status 127 (File to large)

Getting kind of desperate.
    I found an alternative drivers for my Xprinter XP360B.
    I use TSC Printer Drivers.
    See https://gempur.wordpress.com/2015/06...360b-di-linux/

Beans

Hello. I hope you fixed your problem a while ago since this thread is more than a year old, but I hope my input helps if not the OP, someone else that might encounter this problem.
    I had the exact same problem as you and after months of struggling i finally found the solution. I solved this by installing some 32 bit cups libraries.
    Just execute
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libcupsimage2:i386
    and
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libcups2:i386
    Then just reboot cups or your system and your thermal printer should be working.
    I hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast