dpkg --get-selections > ~/my-packages
    ##From New install##
    sudo dpkg --set-selections < my-packages
    sudo apt-get -y update
    sudo apt-get dselect-upgrade
    See:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=261366
    for a working example.
    Thanks for your reply. I did reinstall and noticed a big difference in speed (especially when going from text back to graphical) but I need to get the right video driver in It's way off and I don't want to do anything until my packages are installed. I read the link you mentioned and Both ways I am getting errors that look like this:

dpkg: warning: package not in database at line 1118: xserver-xorg-video-geode
    dpkg: warning: package not in database at line 1120: xserver-xorg-video-intel-lts-raring
    dpkg: warning: package not in database at line 1126: xserver-xorg-video-openchrome-lts-raring
    dpkg: warning: package not in database at line 1138: xserver-xorg-video-vmware-lts-raring
    dpkg: warning: package not in database at line 1152: zlib1g:i386
    dpkg: warning: found unknown packages; this might mean the available database
    is outdated, and needs to be updated through a frontend method

The command does not seem to be doing anything at all. Just pages of this. Does database just need to be updated? Thanks for your reply and help. It is truly appreciated. My research on the dpkg command has not yielded any information on updating a package database, or I am just dumb.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: 32 bit on 64 bit machine

bearboy518; Hey,

Like advised, those "dpkg: warning:" - graphics driver related -items are a result of non repository package files, as well, things you do not want in the new install (raring).
    Edit the resultant "my-packages" file , or what ever name you chose for the text file - with you favorite text editor and remove those entries.

dpkg can not and does not cope with anything that is not a part of the ubuntu software management system directly.

In the new install, install the appropriate graphics driver.

a means to an end
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages

Happy ubuntu'n !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12