Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't Seem to Fully Change Lubuntu Theme

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: Can't Seem to Fully Change Lubuntu Theme

Customize Look and Feel keeps crashing while I am removing Pulse-Glass (it still isn't removed). It also crashed while installing it (Idk why). Here's the terminal output:
    john@OptiPlex-GX270:~$ lxappearance
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    john@OptiPlex-GX270:~$

I don't know how to fix it, but I have a feeling that something could be found wherever the "core dumped," right?

P.S. I thought this was sticking to the topic, if however it didn't, tell me, please.
    P.P.S. In case anything would indicate otherwise, it is a mouse theme. And I got it to work, but I want it removed.
    Last edited by JohnnyComeL8ly; July 23rd, 2014 at 07:42 PM. Reason: typo

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Customize Look and Feel crashed for me too, but since I just wanted to install Pulse Glass, and it did that successfully, I paid it no mind.
    CPU: AMD FX 8120 8-Core Black Edition OC'd to 4.3GHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | Graphics: Twin Radeon 7870's | Memory: 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaw Series DDR3 1600

Beans
    Distro

Lightbulb Re: Can't Seem to Fully Change Lubuntu Theme

@redbikemaster
    I figured out how to fix it, you delete
    Code:
    /home/user/.icons/Pulse-Glass/
    I know it could have caused problems; however, the Trash just moves the file for deleting, so I knew I could have restored it.
    I found out on accident, i.e., I'm not the genuis I want to be... maybe in time.

Beans

Customize Look and Feel keeps crashing while I am removing Pulse-Glass (it still isn't removed). It also crashed while installing it (Idk why)
    You encountered a long standing bug (at least 2 years old):
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ce/+bug/952997

Although as redbikemaster said, it does "install" before crashing. I think the installer on Customized Look and Feel copies your cursor folder into ~/.icons. You need it in /usr/share/icons to do the complete install in post #2. You don't really need it in ~/.icons

As JohnnyComeL8ly found, to remove a cursor, you can just delete its folder. Log out and back in and it won't show up anymore as a choice. But don't remove the one you have been using until you change it to another.
    Last edited by Dennis N; July 22nd, 2014 at 05:00 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hmm, I guess it's not that important to them (devs) to fix it. Probably priorities are there restricting what is developed.

Thanks for the warning on removals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12