Thread: From L to X

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

From L to X

wow, it started with ubuntu then i found lubuntu. i was love struck. then i was told about xubuntu, by all accounts a fair bit better. no i thought, it could not be. but alas it was. i have to tell you all i am 59 next month and all this has me feeling like a young lad again. i started with ms 3.1, yeah back in them days. progressed all the way through to 8.1. then a week ago i found ubuntu. i am having trouble comprehending the perfection of it all. the people that put these os"s together are nothing short of amazing. i could go on but i would possibly bore everyone. i will just add i have binned microsoft and will be making a donation for the priveledge of using this wonderfol os. thanks to all concerned. please do not tell me there is a better install than xubuntu. i dont think my heart could take it.

Beans

Re: From L to X

Great story !
    You're in a valuable position of freshly understanding what it is like to switch to Linux.
    A lot of newcomers here will probably appreciate your help in a way that those of us
    Linux users here who have no recent knowledge of Microsoft cannot match.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Jonor. Thank you, i will certainly lend a hand wherever i can. Given that i am new that may take a while athough i am surpriseed what i have learnt so far.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I just got a bargain mint condition netbook for £30, installed Xubuntu over the existing XP and whoopie! everything is working great.
    Not only that but Xubuntu looks good too. What's not to like? Nice to hear your story

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

coldraven awesome is the word i use. have fun with it and thanks