Thread: Exede Satellite Internet Serivce?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Exede Satellite Internet Serivce?

Anyone on here using this satellite internet service successfully with Ubuntu? Reason I ask is because my Ntelos mobile broadband service really sux and I'm looking for something different and don't have much else to choose from except dialup and satellite. Google search for satellite internet providers all point to Exede as the #1 rated service at this time.

Any info?

Thanks
    Stuff doesn't just happen, it's usually caused by something!

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: Exede Satellite Internet Serivce?

It was not Exede, but I had satellite internet a few years back. My biggest complaint was how the weather affected the service. It would normally not go completely out, but the service would slow down to comparable of dialup service.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Exede Satellite Internet Serivce?

Hey thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I'm aware of the rain fade thingie as satellite TV does the same thing. From what I've read, Exede is using the "latest" technology and is probably far better than what was available when you had satellite service a few years back.

Dunno, I'm still on the fence so to speak as the cost will be twice what I'm paying now for mobile broadband service that sux. I guess I'll wait around until someone with first hand experience with Exede can give me some info.

Thanks again,

Ken
    Stuff doesn't just happen, it's usually caused by something!