Thread: pyRenamer Not Responding - Troubleshooting

Beans

pyRenamer Not Responding - Troubleshooting

When I open pyRenamer it opens with a blank screen and stays that way until I force it to quit.
    Screenshot from 2014-07-01 09:47:34.png

When opened via terminal I get
    Code:
    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ pyrenamer
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/pyrenamer.py:120: GtkWarning: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated
      self.glade_tree = gtk.glade.XML(pyrenamerglob.gladefile, "main_window")
    I have tried reinstalling, but that did no good. sudo pyrenamer has the same results. Does anyone have any ideas to help me with troubleshooting this issue?

For the record, I am using ubuntu 14.04 64bit.

Thanks for any and all help!
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: pyRenamer Not Responding - Troubleshooting

Running 32bit and get the same output (warning) from terminal, but mine works.

Edit
    When you reinstalled, did you wipe ~/.pyrenamer?
    Last edited by ibjsb4; July 1st, 2014 at 09:36 PM.

Beans

Re: pyRenamer Not Responding - Troubleshooting

If I open pyRenamer via terminal, then hit Ctrl+c, then the application will open properly with the following output,
    Code:
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/pyrenamer.py:120: GtkWarning: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated
    ^CTraceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/treefilebrowser.py", line 159, in row_expanded
        self.get_file_list(model, iter, model.get_value(iter,2))
      File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/treefilebrowser.py", line 355, in get_file_list
        if ospath.isdir(ospath.join(path,i)) or not self.show_only_dirs:
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py", line 41, in isdir
        st = os.stat(s)
    KeyboardInterrupt
    Using hachoir for music renaming.
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/pyrenamer.py:1390: Warning: Source ID 211 was not found when attempting to remove it
      removed = gobject.source_remove(i)
    Otherwise, it still does the "not responding" thing when opened. This time, while it was uninstalled, I went through and deleted any and all of the directories and files related to pyRenamer.

Edit: I ran it again and hit Ctrl+C at the right time and got the following, though it did work for renaming some files.
    Code:
    ^CTraceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/treefilebrowser.py", line 159, in row_expanded
        self.get_file_list(model, iter, model.get_value(iter,2))
      File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/treefilebrowser.py", line 355, in get_file_list
        if ospath.isdir(ospath.join(path,i)) or not self.show_only_dirs:
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 80, in join
        path += '/' + b
    KeyboardInterrupt
    Using hachoir for music renaming.
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/pyrenamer.py:1390: Warning: Source ID 208 was not found when attempting to remove it
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/pyrenamer.py:1390: Warning: Source ID 1092 was not found when attempting to remove it
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/TreeViewTooltips.py:241: Warning: Source ID 1551 was not found when attempting to remove it
      gobject.source_remove(self.__next)
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/TreeViewTooltips.py:241: Warning: Source ID 1930 was not found when attempting to remove it
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/TreeViewTooltips.py:241: Warning: Source ID 2736 was not found when attempting to remove it
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/TreeViewTooltips.py:241: Warning: Source ID 3996 was not found when attempting to remove it
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/TreeViewTooltips.py:241: Warning: Source ID 4717 was not found when attempting to remove it
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/TreeViewTooltips.py:241: Warning: Source ID 4950 was not found when attempting to remove it
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/TreeViewTooltips.py:241: Warning: Source ID 5056 was not found when attempting to remove it
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/TreeViewTooltips.py:241: Warning: Source ID 5988 was not found when attempting to remove it
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/pyrenamer.py:1390: Warning: Source ID 1193 was not found when attempting to remove it
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyrenamer/pyrenamer.py:1390: Warning: Source ID 6328 was not found when attempting to remove it
    Last edited by uRock; July 2nd, 2014 at 05:55 PM.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]