Thread: Terraria Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Terraria Linux

from the official Terraria Facebook looks like Terraria might be getting a Linux port proof https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Re: Terraria Linux

Hmmmm....another game I already bought when I was still using Windows. It's a nice little game.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker99 View Post
    Hmmmm....another game I already bought when I was still using Windows. It's a nice little game.
    same with me. im thinking if they do make the port if you own it for windows you will get the Linux version added to your Steam account. samething happened with me when some gta games got mac ports.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Yes, that's almost always how Steam works. I had bought a number of Windows games when I was still dual-booting, and one day, I found the betas for the Orange Box (which I'd bought for $5!) in my library. Same with Witcher 2 (yay) and Eador (boo), and quite a few other games. I did have to repurchase CIV V, but the money went to the porters, and I was glad to pay it. The Linux gaming future is so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

Good to know. This is a good addition to Linux game list. I can't wait for the Linux port to be available.

Beans
    Distro

from reading the forum post they made on Terraria Online is that if the mac port goes well they will start on the Linux port. cross fingers for the mac port to go great.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

It's interesting: Goat Simulator came out for Mac and Linux the same day. There are far fewer bug reports for the Linux version as there are for the Mac version; GS won't run on older Mac OSX earlier than Maverick.

Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro

i saw on there twitter page twitter.com/terraria_logic they are looking for mac testers. that sounds like the mac port is almost done just needs a few more testing. the linux port looks like it might realy happen.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker99 View Post
    It's interesting: Goat Simulator came out for Mac and Linux the same day. There are far fewer bug reports for the Linux version as there are for the Mac version; GS won't run on older Mac OSX earlier than Maverick.
    I heard of Goat Simulator that came out for Linux but I hate that game, man. I don't want to see goats killing people and vice versa (I only watched the trailer from Youtube).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Oh, I think Goat Simulator is kind of a hoot. I understand that it's not for everyone, but that should be obvious from the title, I would think.

Ubuntu user 28819