Thread: getting flash to work on Amazon movies...

Beans

getting flash to work on Amazon movies...

I recently installed Ubuntu 14 on my MacBook Pro and use rEFIt to switch between them. I want to transistion to Ubuntu as my main OS because Mavericks keeps crashing everytime I seem to install a program it doesn't like. I recently reinstalled Mavericks with a new partition/installation etc and rebuilt the whole thing. It was working crash free for awhile but now it crashes again (usually after a few hours) and I'm just tired. Ubuntu, however, is not crashing. How ironic.

Anyway, I want to stay more and more in Ubuntu over time and so I'm trying to nail down the most aggravating problems as I go along. One of them is the inability to play movies on Amazon which I do frequently to relax. I've installed the Flash player but that doesn't seem to be good enough for Amazon. Here's the message I get after Amazon attempts to "update" the Flash Player.

The funny thing is that I the movie PREVIEWS play alright. And youtube movies play (well, sort of ha ha). I thought about writing to Amazon tech support. How do I find which version of Flash I've installed? I'm sure it's the latest version of Firefox. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by bleak2; June 30th, 2014 at 05:58 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: getting flash to work on Amazon movies...

If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users