Thread: 14.04 - Wifi/Bluetooth key not working

Beans

Question 14.04 - Wifi/Bluetooth key not working

Hello!!!

Two weeks ago I bought a new laptop. The laptop model is HP Spectre 13 3003es. I installed Ubuntu 14.04 and all works really good. Performance is amazing and I'm very happy with the results.

The only "problem" is that the F12 key "doesn't work" if I press it, nothing happens, even the Orange-White LED remains static; but if i press Fn+F12, the system recognize the key combination as "F12", but nothing happens again. Brightness, sound, etc. keys works perfectly, without pressing the Fn key.

F12 key is used to enable/dissable Wifi&Bluetooth, but for that reason i need to enable/dissable manually using the bar icon.

I have tried changing the default kernel for the Liquorix kernel, key reassignment, changing keyboard layout, etc. but without any progress. Does anyone have the same "problem"?

Thank you!!! =)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: 14.04 - Wifi/Bluetooth key not working

Moved to the Networking & Wireless sub-forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Should be able to change in BIOS, look for function key. As far as the wifi hotkey not working, open terminal and press the hotkey after
    Code:
    acpi_listen
    and see if it registers
    Last edited by jeremy31; June 24th, 2014 at 03:55 PM.

Beans

The only option in BIOS for that is to alternate the Fn+FXX or FXX buttons. I have tried to change it to see the result, but nothing happens.

If I use that command and I press the F12 key, nothing happens
    Last edited by CwzJptG; June 24th, 2014 at 04:08 PM.

Beans

Finally, I found a solution. Now, I can enable/disable Wi-fi with F12 key (Bluetooth must be enabled/disabled with the application)

The solution is to add the option "acpi_osi=" to the grub.

$ sudo nano /etc/default/grub

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_osi="

The only "drawback" is that the brightness % is not displayed now, but this is not important really, because for the videos is really useful not to see the brightness bar

Solved.