Thread: Hp Slate 2 atom 2gb tablet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Hp Slate 2 atom 2gb tablet

I'm trying to get Lubunto to run on this machine ubunto 14.04 runs with all hardware supported however the requirements for this distro appear to be to much for this machine trying to get lubunto to work however this being a tablet and needs onboard to complete install .... any help? or is there a distro more geared for tablets that is less demanding than Ubunto 14.04?
    ubunto - Loving the Sauce

Beans
    Distro

Re: Hp Slate 2 atom 2gb tablet

oh just proof read my last mesage to clear confusion the 'machine' is a HP Slate 2 with an Atom processor running at 1.5ghz 2gb ram OEM OS win 7 pro (which is not a tablet OS) Currently running windows 8.1 and runs pretty despite my dispise of redmund OS'S

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Can you please describe the problem you are having?

Beans
    Distro

Well when I install lubunto everything seems to intall properly ie. touch screen, netorking howevwr i get to a point requiring my input i believe comp name /pw and i have no way to bring up onboard or any onscreen keyboard

Beans
    Distro

Wow I can't believe how little response I got to this thread hmmmm

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

To be honest, there are very, very few people running Ubuntu on a tablet that does not have a keyboard. Also, due to timezones a lot of people won't be online at the time that your thread is on the first page of messages.

I don't especially want to log out of my system at the moment to check, but I thought there was an icon near the top of the screen that looks like a little man. If you touch that you should get a couple of Accessibility options, one of them being Onscreen Keyboard.

If the Ubuntu login screen doesn't have that, the Xubuntu login screen definitely does. You could connect a USB keyboard and install the Xubuntu Greeter. Otherwise, if this is not an option, you could install Xubuntu and then install Unity and the regular Ubuntu applications over the top; you'll retain the Xubuntu login screen but it will log in as Ubuntu. I know this because that's exactly what I did on my netbook.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro

Yes I know of the 'little man' icon and when I tried installing lubunto I did not have the option. As far as the USB keyboard I would need a hub (I know they're extremely cheap) but the Slate2 only has one USB port. I am still digesting the rest of your post (being that I am new to linux) Thank you reading my post and replying I will let you know how I make out

Beans
    Distro

Xubunto 14.04 installed nicely Thank You with the ability to use 'onboard' for touchscreen

Beans
    Distro

I have been using xubunto on the Slate 2 for awhile now and trying to make the touchscreen more tolerable can anyone please tell me if there is a way to set a long 'click' to become a right click???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

OFF-TOPIC:

It's Ubuntu and Redmond
    Galiza Nação!