Thread: Need testers for Tux Plot

Beans

Need testers for Tux Plot

I'm about to release Tux Plot v4.0 for linux (Ubuntu) and would like some help with testing please.
    Just some simple tests to confirm features like xy speed, blade pressure, page eject, move to home etc.
    The devices needed for testing:

USCutter
    Graphtec
    Redsail
    Rabbit
    and other manufacturer...
    Any help would be appreciated!
    securetech@eastlink.ca

Thanks
    Gary
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Need testers for Tux Plot

No volunteers yet? I would, but I don't own any thing that plots vectors ... yet. I was thinking about getting an old pen-plotting machine to play with. As a learning tool, I thought it would be the the cheapest and easiest way to learn about software and drivers for vinyl cutters, CNC machines, etc. I like to make things so I thought I would try my hand at making things that would eventually help me build other things. This is my first visit here and my first post on this forum. This is more of an exploratory mission than anything right now, however, since we appear to have a similar interest, I thought I might volunteer to help. It might prove to be a useful learning experience.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hello where I can down the aplication and what we need to install it and test, I'm on Lubuntu 14.04.
    Ubuntu with me & me with Ubuntu! my GNU/Linux https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DerivativeTe.../Flavitu-Linux

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by born2teachenglish View Post
    No volunteers yet? I would, but I don't own any thing that plots vectors ... yet. I was thinking about getting an old pen-plotting machine to play with. As a learning tool, I thought it would be the the cheapest and easiest way to learn about software and drivers for vinyl cutters, CNC machines, etc. I like to make things so I thought I would try my hand at making things that would eventually help me build other things. This is my first visit here and my first post on this forum. This is more of an exploratory mission than anything right now, however, since we appear to have a similar interest, I thought I might volunteer to help. It might prove to be a useful learning experience.

Keep your eyes open for a Roland pen plotter as they are very hpgl industry standard and built like taks! Make great cheap vinyl cutters. I bought a 40" roland for $25.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Portaro View Post
    Hello where I can down the aplication and what we need to install it and test, I'm on Lubuntu 14.04.
    Not available for download yet, that's why I need testing.
    What kind of cutter do you own? Make/Model?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by garyinspringhill View Post
    Not available for download yet, that's why I need testing.
    What kind of cutter do you own? Make/Model?
    Sorry but I dont have any make / model or cutter , I think that you need tests about program in general.

I hope that other users with the resources to test your soft can help you and comment on this post.

Thanks for your work .
    Ubuntu with me & me with Ubuntu! my GNU/Linux https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DerivativeTe.../Flavitu-Linux

Beans

Hi,

Please let me know if you still need a tester. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by garyinspringhill View Post
    I'm about to release Tux Plot v4.0 for linux (Ubuntu) and would like some help with testing please.
    Just some simple tests to confirm features like xy speed, blade pressure, page eject, move to home etc.
    The devices needed for testing:

USCutter
    Graphtec
    Redsail
    Rabbit
    and other manufacturer...
    Any help would be appreciated!
    securetech@eastlink.ca

Thanks
    Gary

Beans

If you still need a tester, I am using graphtec ce6000-60 machine which i want test with tuxplot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by puvijain View Post
    If you still need a tester, I am using graphtec ce6000-60 machine which i want test with tuxplot.
    I own the Vinyl Express version of this cutter called VE-6000, and im interested in seeing if this works. I need to be able to not only do vector plots but also print and cut plots with registration mark detection.
    Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 Ubuntu 13.04
    AMD Phenom II x4 945***8GB DDR3 1333***Nvidia GeForce GT 440***Ubuntu 12.10