Thread: "Kernel Panic, not syncing. Fatal exception in interrupt" Issue - Need Help!

Beans

"Kernel Panic, not syncing. Fatal exception in interrupt" Issue - Need Help!

I recently bought a desktop and installed Ubuntu 14.04 LTS completely. Yesterday, after an update, the computer rebooted and got stuck on this screen.

20140527_100608.jpg

Now, no matter how much I reboot the computer, it keeps coming back to this screen. Will someone please help?

Also, please note that I am a complete newbie to ubuntu so I might not be able to understand certain Linux lingo as well. So please expain as best as you can.

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: "Kernel Panic, not syncing. Fatal exception in interrupt" Issue - Need Help!

Hi

Boot into an older kernel from the grub menu at start up.

I suspect you had a kernel update and it updated the wireless driver and that looks to be going bang after the update.

Kind regards

Beans

Re: "Kernel Panic, not syncing. Fatal exception in interrupt" Issue - Need Help!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_symes View Post
    Hi

Boot into an older kernel from the grub menu at start up.

I suspect you had a kernel update and it updated the wireless driver and that looks to be going bang after the update.

Kind regards
    Thanks Matt,

I managed to boot into a kernel previously updated and now I got in. But what else do I need to do now? Does it mean that I can no longer install any updates?

What can I do to prevent this from happening again?

Beans

You can still update, but I would block this kernel, as it doesn't seem to like your network card...
    see this thread on how to stop a kernel update: http://askubuntu.com/questions/17832...-kernel-update

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by jakke1975 View Post
    You can still update, but I would block this kernel, as it doesn't seem to like your network card...
    see this thread on how to stop a kernel update: http://askubuntu.com/questions/17832...-kernel-update
    ^^^ That looks like a good start

I'll take a better look tomorrow if i get the time.

Kind regards
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?