Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you satisfied with your ISP ?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Are you satisfied with your ISP ?

Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    here the situation is strange. plenty investment was made into infrastructure and the idea was that even some smaller town would have fiber. but then the eu came that told the company doing the investment (state owned) that they have to share the lines to avoid monopoly. so they said "we invest into infrastructure, share the line and the rest collect the profit. we won't do that." and they stopped.

it was ridiculous EU gesture. what would be right IMO is that the state would own the lines and if companies coinvested they would get a discount in usage if they didnt' they would pay a lot for using the lines.
    could said isp charge other ISP for using there infrastructure
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    probably you pay as much as you use. as oposed to unlimited broadband plan.

i can (at least for now) set up home server and i think the max bandwidth avaialble to me is 100/100 Mbit. Unlimited data.
    Quote Originally Posted by LastDino View Post
    ''usage per pay'' plan would be similar to everything else we have here listed other than ''Unlimited''. It can vary from fixed data per amount to amount per kb of data. I suspect it is latter, if we take literal meaning.

I went to Airtel's office with the USB modem which I purchased on 2011. What they is told me is really strange. They told me that their 3G enabled sims do not work with dongles at the moment and I have to wait 2 months for that.

I simply called up my cable operator yesterday and they just gave me the connection. This ISPs name is SITI Broadband. Both my local cable operator and SITI main office are very sincere. I got a call from SITI main office asking me if my connection is running okay about 10mins after the connection was made.

This is a true unlimited plan. My plan is slow (512Kbps) but they they have high speed plans.

They have not implemented any FUP in any of their plans.
    Lubuntu 20.04

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by linuxyogi View Post
    I simply called up my cable operator yesterday and they just gave me the connection. This ISPs name is SITI Broadband. Both my local cable operator and SITI main office are very sincere. I got a call from SITI main office asking me if my connection is running okay about 10mins after the connection was made.

This is a true unlimited plan. My plan is slow (512Kbps) ...
    Good decision. You can't relax with a limited plan.

Beans

I have comcast, and it is decent. I think its overpriced for the amount speed that I get, but then again they have a monopoly in my area so I can't do much!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Yes, I am satisfied. I am fortunate enough to live in a country where the government has not been bought by the ISPs. I have a high speed fiber optic connection for a fraction of the price I would pay for a dial up in America.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

FIOS has never given me a problem. Charter used to jack up my rates every month...
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

I'm satisfied now that I switched to Charter (something I said I'd never do because of their constant barrage of advertising). Had AT&T prior to that - the worst, most unstable service ever!
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Buntu Bunny View Post
    I'm satisfied now that I switched to Charter (something I said I'd never do because of their constant barrage of advertising). Had AT&T prior to that - the worst, most unstable service ever!
    yea that is annoying, get at least 4 calls a day of them wanting to sell us tv
    the worst part is if you want to say upgrade a service you cant use one of those callers to do it unless you also get a new service
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Post Re: Are you satisfied with your ISP ?

I would say that I'm in general satisfied with my ISP. I've subscribed about an year ago and there has been only a couple of outages in the connection. I pay for the lowest possible unlimited speed plan, which is 30Mbps upload/download. And frankly, I don't need that much speed. If there was a cheaper plan, I would have signed up for it, even for lower speed. My infrastructure at home is WiFi only, so I cannot fully utilize the the high speed that I have to my home...
    Registered Linux User #534948

d-cosner is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans

I use Comcast internet and am pretty happy, the cost is kind of high though. Their customer service is excellent and they have always fixed things in a very timely manner. The speed is great too!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast