Thread: GPIB-USB-HS on Linux

Question GPIB-USB-HS on Linux

I've been pulling my hair out for one week trying to connect devices to my PC with a NI_GPIB_USB_HS adapter.
    I'm completly new to this but I desperately need to retrieve data from a spectrum analyser and the only way to do this for the moment is to use a flopy disk and an old computer.

I think I've installed the needed packages and did my best to configure the gpib.conf file.
    The instruction udevadm monitor --environment shows that my PC detects the adapter since the ID_MODEL, ID_VENDOR etc. are correct.
    The gpib_config seems to work too.
    Then I do ibtest, choose d (for device), type 0 (for 0 is the GPIB adress of my device), w to write data string, and *IDN?
    The answer is :

gpib status is:
    ibsta = 0x8100 < ERR CMPL >
    iberr= 2
    ENOL 2: No listeners

ibcnt = 0

If I have understood correctly, the NI_GPIB_USB_HS has been detected but not the device that is plugged after.

Does anybody have an idea to help me?
    Thanks in advance,

Re: GPIB-USB-HS on Linux

We had the same problem. We scrapped Ubuntu from our factory floor and pulled out a Windows machine. It took some time but we were able to get the NI488.2 drivers installed, Visual Studio Express libraries and communicate with the GPIB bus within a 1week. I love Ubuntu but this was a huge disappointment.
    CPU:AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52*slot: Socket S1,1600MHz*RAM: DIMM DDR2 667 MHz X 2 1GB*HDISK: Western Digital ATA Disk (320GB)*video: nVidia Geforce Go 6150 clock: 66MHz*wifi: Broadcom Corporation BCM4311
    eth0: nVidia MCP51