Thread: Sleep is buggy after upgrading to Kubuntu 14.04

Beans

Sleep is buggy after upgrading to Kubuntu 14.04

I'm not sure where to post this, if there is some place better please direct me towards it.

I have 2 tablets I've upgraded. They are the same model. They are the Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro 700T.

When I close the lid and the tablet goes to sleep; upon reawakening there are some problems. This doesn't happen if I click the Suspend option in the power menu. The problem also happens if I boot from a USB stick with Kubuntu 14.04 on it (so it doesn't seem to be caused from upgrading instead of a fresh install).

1. The touchscreen stops working. The normal behavior is that the touchscreen will respond to touches as if you clicked a mouse there (not really full touch capabilities, but still useful).

2. The volume and sound gets messed up. Normally I have bluetooth headphones, but after resume from sleep the system gets a bit messed up. It sometimes will play sound through the bluetooth, but you can't control the volume. The volume controls don't exist in the volume menu. Also it can't find the bluetooth headphones in the Audio Setup and the Master Channel can't be set correctly. It's not just the bluetooth sound either because plugging headphones into the audio jack also has odd results too.

3. The whole system seems to run slower or be “lagging”. I especially notice it when I use firefox. Every second or two it lags for a few frames likes it's loading or something.

These problems overall make me avoid sleep. I have to manually enter suspend or turn the tablet off when I'm not using it.

There are some features in 14.04 that I like, so I don't really want to roll back to 13.10 where everything was working fine.

Beans

Re: Sleep is buggy after upgrading to Kubuntu 14.04

Please consider this solution,

http://askubuntu.com/questions/46141.../497169#497169

ddave01