Thread: Screen Brightness

Beans

Screen Brightness

I use the F5 and F6 keys on my computer, but I wanted to know if there was a setting that I could use to permanently set my screen brightness.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Screen Brightness

what do you mean "permanently" - just dont use the F5/6 keys !!?!! the default screen brightness is set under the power management menus where you can define screen brightness when: On A/C ; On battery; low battery. If you dont touch F5/6 then you get a "permanent" solution !

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by keratos2 View Post
    what do you mean "permanently" - just dont use the F5/6 keys !!?!! the default screen brightness is set under the power management menus where you can define screen brightness when: On A/C ; On battery; low battery. If you dont touch F5/6 then you get a "permanent" solution !
    snip"Permanently" means between sessions, and I have tried the "Brightness/Lock" feature, and "Power Management", but when I reboot my laptop the screen brightness is back to 100%.
    Last edited by Toz; May 14th, 2014 at 10:28 PM. Reason: deleted comment

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

@retriever, can you run the following command and report back the results? It will identify your currently active backlight interface(s). If we can manually manipulate the brightness we can add a command to /etc/rc.local to set the brightness to a value of your choice at boot:
    Code:
    for interface in /sys/class/backlight/*; do echo -e "\n $interface"; cat $interface/{brightness,max_brightness,actual_brightness}; done