I wasn't thinking and did a dist-upgrade without making a restore point and now I'm having issues with Apache..of course. I'd prefer to roll back the changes instead of troubleshooting the existing environment to make it work again. I have the list of packages that were modified and I need some guidance on how I should go about rolling back the changes if possible.

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  apache2.2-common libapache2-mod-perl2 libapache2-mod-python libapache2-mod-ruby libapache2-reload-perl

The following NEW packages will be installed:
  apache2-bin apache2-data dh-php5 libgd3 libicu52 libjson-c2 libonig2 libqdbm14 libvpx1 php5-json php5-readline pkg-php-tools

The following packages will be upgraded:
  apache2 apache2-mpm-prefork apache2.2-bin libapache2-mod-php5 libjson0 php-pear php5 php5-cli php5-common php5-curl php5-dev php5-gd
  php5-intl php5-mysql php5-sqlite
What I was thinking was to
  1. reinstall the packages that were removed.
  2. uninstall the packages that were added.
  3. downgrade the packages that were upgraded one by one.

Will that accomplish what I'm trying to do, or am I screwed? I'm needing to do this because Apache won't serve any pages to a browser now...

I get this error on the SSL site
SSL connection error
Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.

And this error on the non SSL site:
Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.