Thread: Reset (re-enable) touchpad scrolling

Beans

Reset (re-enable) touchpad scrolling

Hello everyone,

Although I love Unity, there is one thing that's been getting on my nerves: when I use my touchpad for two-finger scrolling, it very often happens that I trigger the (three-finger tap) Dash menu. So I thought I'd have a go at disabling the Dash gesture. I went on and installed Compiz Config Settings Manager and unticked a few boxes and all of the sudden my touchpad stopped working completely. After a great deal of scouring through forums, I managed to gain back the basic functionality of moving the pointer around and left and right clicks. However, absolutely no gestures are being recognised (as I have found from using Touchegg, which has no reaction no matter how many fingers or limbs I touch or bash the pad with).

I also did an upgrade from 12.10 to 13.10, in the hope that the touchpad settings will be reset (they weren't).

I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Victor

Beans

Re: Reset (re-enable) touchpad scrolling

Meanwhile, I've been regularly trying to solve this issue as I've been building up frustration, scavenging forums and man pages for a solution, but alas, everything I tried so far has failed. I've very recently tried to use tpconfig to investigate my issue, from which I got this output:

$ tpconfig -i
    Found Synaptics Touchpad.
    Firmware: 8.96 (multiple-byte mode).
    Sensor type: unknown (0).
    Geometry: rectangular/landscape/up.
    Packets: absolute, 80 packets per second.
    Corner taps disabled; no tap gestures.
    Edge motion: none.
    Z threshold: 6 of 7.
    2 button mode; corner tap is right button click.

I couldn't agree more with the above output: no tap gestures. I tried to fix this by running:

$ tpconfig --tapmode=1
    Found Synaptics Touchpad.
    Firmware: 8.96 (multiple-byte mode).
    Corner taps disabled; no tap gestures.

Again, no tap gestures.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    Victor