Thread: Lubuntu iLamp white screen issue

Beans

Lubuntu iLamp white screen issue

I am a beginner, hoping to install the PPC version onto a G4 iMac type M6498, both 14.04 and 9.3 appear to go through the installation OK but upon reboot goes to a white screen. This seems to be quite common but I cannot find a solutions to it. Any advice please ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Lubuntu iLamp white screen issue

Thread moved to Apple Users.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Re: Lubuntu iLamp white screen issue

Quote Originally Posted by kevin83 View Post
    I am a beginner, hoping to install the PPC version onto a G4 iMac type M6498, both 14.04 and 9.3 appear to go through the installation OK but upon reboot goes to a white screen. This seems to be quite common but I cannot find a solutions to it. Any advice please ?
    @kevin:

You should read the PowerPCFAQ, several times . . . but, you might try the options listed under "tab" key in the first boot window . . . they some suggestions there if you get the white screen. I have the iMac G4, and right now 14 is on hold because there are "issues" with it in terms of running on the G4 . . . . I'm sticking with 12.04 Xubun/LXDE on it for now. But, first thing, you will very likely need to set up an xorg.conf file for it . . . check the PPC FAQ for details on how to do that. There are numerous threads here on getting linux to run on the iMac . . . I spent most of yesterday afternoon reading threads on heat control for intel macs . . . you could spend quite a bit of time getting the details . . . enjoy the process.

e.e.p.