Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I'm Leaving

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: I'm Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by buzzingrobot View Post
    ...Canonical doesn't have those resources and it doesn't have the equivalent of that market clout. In addition, regardless of the depth of testing it puts its own code through, almost all the code in Ubuntu and in any other distribution comes from independent third-party FOSS developers, who follow their own testing regimes. Or, don't...
    I was going to say something similar but decided to remove it from my post. I didn't think a lot of people care that a lot of a Linux distro is made from various FOSS projects or vendor's code for which the distro has no control.
    Last edited by Old_Grey_Wolf; May 5th, 2014 at 10:56 PM. Reason: added vendors
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Dual boot or use VMs if you want. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

the wife and i use Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS on home built systems. it works for both of us.
    our systems can only run unity 2D, but we both love the dock on the left, it makes using the system so much easier ...
    Last edited by MrSteve; May 5th, 2014 at 11:37 PM.
    Hope this helps . . . Steve ...
    Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, except bad news ...
    Shuttle XS35 - Intel Atom 1.6 - 4GB Ram - 500GB HDD - Linux Kubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Grey_Wolf View Post
    Maybe if you help to test it, it will run better for you and others.
    I spend most of my quality Ubuntu time on testing or at U+1 (now Ubuntu Development Version). These pundits don't know what they are missing. I have a riot on that forum. I mean , I guess that others may not see it but , if you have been into computing as long as I have then one might understand. We can lead a horse to water but we can't make him drink it.

Like anything good in life , we only get out of it what we put into it. Ubuntu is that interactive and it's not a bad thing. When I see threads such as these I just tell the pundits to open 35 tabs on a Windows or Mac browser. 35 WORKING browsers running concurrently. That's the minimal I can get with Firefox on Ubuntu with only 1/3 the resources. And then ask them to provide proof and documentation.. and it is usually end of file.

Regards..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by buzzingrobot View Post

Canonical doesn't have those resources and it doesn't have the equivalent of that market clout. In addition, regardless of the depth of testing it puts its own code through, almost all the code in Ubuntu and in any other distribution comes from independent third-party FOSS developers, who follow their own testing regimes. Or, don't.
    I just want to make a point that there are some of us over at Ubuntu Development Release who work our hides off for free testing pretty well whatever Ubuntu developers have to throw at us and Nick Skaggs is very vigorous in quality assurance. I mean it's not like an army of 45,000 hackers that Microsoft has but each hacker that we have here utilizes the brain power of 5,000 hackers, usually without breaking a sweat. lol
    Last edited by ventrical; May 6th, 2014 at 12:50 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Closed. The thread has run its course.
    "When our actions do not, our fears do make us traitors." -- Shakespeare
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" -- Dr. Seuss

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567