Thread: Crosstool-NG build error

Beans

Crosstool-NG build error

As I'm hoping to build Firefox for ARM (I'm aware that Iceweasel is available for Raspbian), I've installed crosstool-ng following this guide. I am past the make && sudo make install part for crosstool-ng itself, and I've added /opt/cross/bin to my $PATH. However, I've hit a wall when I go to run "ct-ng build"
    Code:
    [INFO ]  Performing some trivial sanity checks
    [ERROR]  Build failed in step '<none>'
    [ERROR]  Error happened in '/opt/cross/lib/ct-ng-1.9.3/scripts/functions' in function 'CT_DoExecLog' (line unknown, sorry)
    [ERROR]        called from '/opt/cross/lib/ct-ng-1.9.3/scripts/crosstool-NG.sh' at line # 65 in function 'main'
    [ERROR]  Look at '' for more info on this error.
    [ERROR]  (elapsed: 23312039:54.47)
    [00:00] / make: *** [build] Error 1
    Error 1 seems like an ambiguous error message, and I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. Any thoughts?

Beans

Re: Crosstool-NG build error

As context (I should have included this earlier), I ran "ct-ng build" as root for the above because, with normal permissions, the command produced this error:
    Code:
    [INFO ]  Performing some trivial sanity checks
    [INFO ]  Build started 20140428.183722
    [INFO ]  Building environment variables
    [ERROR]  Destination directory '/opt/cross/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi' is not removable
    [00:00] / make: *** [build] Error 1
    I interpreted the error here as, "you need permissions to manipulate files and folders in your /opt directory" and thought that running it as root might yield something productive. My apologies for not posting this earlier.

Beans

Re: Crosstool-NG build error

As I was using a more recent version of crosstool-ng, I used the version referenced in the article and it worked fine. I did have to compile it as root/sudo.