Thread: Working with iphone pics and dropbox 14.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Working with iphone pics and dropbox 14.04

Things have been going well. I work on eBay and use my iphone for photos and list items daily. I have worked around just about every issue but... Just recently I am having some trouble when uploading photos. I'm getting error messages saying the pics are not high res and or they vanish (turn to blank thumbnails) when I edit them. I am doing this directly off the iphone, meaning when eBay asks for the photos I point to the iphone. I don't know whats wrong but some of the pictures do not show up properly and I am having to delete some. (I guess this started after the latest software upgrade) I can't have issues like this while working. I don't have time for it not to behave properly (while working). : )

I'm wondering if I could get dropbox to sync I could grab the pics off the HD and not off the phone, maybe this'll fix my problem. I don't want to have to switch back to Winblows for anything but work is work. While I am doing my listing chores things have to work right. I tried to select open the pics with dropbox from the pop up dialogue that appears when I plug in the iphone but I do not see it.

I will check with eBay tech support and try these pics in Winblows in the morning. No matter though I'd still like to have Dropbox working!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by fattyz; April 28th, 2014 at 01:26 AM.
    FattyZ

Ubuntu classic desktop, Compiz Fusion and Emerald, what else is there?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Working with iphone pics and dropbox 14.04

Not sure this is an Ubuntu issue, more a, iPhone issue to me.
    Have you tried to turn on camera upload on the iPhone Dropbox app ? Or email them to an address you can check on the computer ?
    Have you had a look at the pics from the dropbox website, and not from the app on the computer ?
    Will move to Other OS Chat.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Working with iphone pics and dropbox 14.04

This is not a Ubuntu issue my bad. I have the same problem in windows7 and have been in contact with eBay regarding this, they say it is a known issue. I will look at dropbox as you mention I never had to use it from the phone side before. Thank you so much for your reply. I will mark this solved.

Yours
    FattyZ

Ubuntu classic desktop, Compiz Fusion and Emerald, what else is there?