Thread: Help fixing/reinstalling 12.04 after failed release upgrade

Beans

Help fixing/reinstalling 12.04 after failed release upgrade

I installed ubuntu 12.4 ran great, tried to upgrade to 13 using the upgrade menu in ubuntu. I lost 12 and without system. I have repeatedly tried every link to get back 12.4.
    I used wubi using no luck. I tried standard with 7zip,infan, and winrar, no luck. I realize this is an easy solve for a expenciened user. I am new but sold on the system.
    Please help, i would like to learn how to install from standard download, i probably am not opening the file correctly. Please help in installing the system, would be great if it could be a step by step
    instruction.

Thanks for this Forum and any help,

Cypriano

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Help fixing/reinstalling 12.04 after failed release upgrade

There is no downgrade pathway from 13.x to 12.04 so I'm afraid you are left only with the option to reinstall 12.04 from scratch.

Don't use wubi as that is now deprecated, and in any case it was never intended as a method for a long term dual boot system but only as a means of testing how your hardware would work with Ubuntu.

You could also consider getting a live DVD or USB of the new LTS version 14.04 and installing that; it seems to be excellent, and pretty bug free to me, though I agree that 12.04 is also a great OS; very stable and smooth and worth keeping if it still runs as you want it to.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 16.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Help fixing/reinstalling 12.04 after failed release upgrade

For more info on UEFI boot install & repair - Regularly Updated :
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.