Thread: Network problems with KDE apps

Beans

Network problems with KDE apps

Hi,
    KDE apps don't find the Workgroup on my network. I have some folders shared over nautilus-share on Ubuntu 13.10. When I open Digikam, it won't find this network. Installed Smb4k and after netscan shows WORKGROUP, when I click on it disappears.

I share an external HD over the network. Tried to delete folders with strange caracters.
    Is there a solution?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Network problems with KDE apps

Can you open the share from Dolphin by entering an smb URL in the address box like this:
    Code:
    smb://ip.of.the.server/share
    If not, try adding "user@" in front of the server's IP, or "user:password@"? If so, can you then open the folder with Digikam from Dolphin by right-clicking and choosing "Open With?"
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Thanks for your reply. I changed plans. Smb4k seems to be a bit buggy on Ubuntu and I realized, that I could reach the HD from Digikam over the network. But the data-transmission would be too slow, which might leed to errors and low performance. So I connected the HD directly. I will have to move it around sometimes, but I prefer this.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Connecting it directly would have been my next suggestion!
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users