Thread: Rendering problems when 3d windows or cube deformation enabled with radeon hd 6450

Beans

Rendering problems when 3d windows or cube deformation enabled with radeon hd 6450

Hi,

Using either the Xorg or proprietary drivers if I enbale 3d windows or cube deformation in compiz I get what looks like z-order problems. I've seen this discussed in older posts so am just wondering if anyone has a solution. I've tried turning off vertex buffers and other openGL settings but not with any success. This happened to me in Ubuntu 13.04, 13.10 and now in 14.04 too.

The desktop cube without these settings enabled is fine, so it's not essential just I used to love having a cylinder with the 3d windows on

Cheers,

Tom.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Rendering problems when 3d windows or cube deformation enabled with radeon hd 645

3d Windows has been busted since something like 12.10.
    I don't see a fix on the horizon any time soon, unfortunately.

Best to simply not enable.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Rendering problems when 3d windows or cube deformation enabled with radeon hd 645

The Compiz folks deprecated that some time ago, I believe, to concentrate on more essential features. They invited anyone who was interested to help with it and several other abandoned features. Looks like there must have been no takers.

The KDE folks still maintain it. If that really floats your boat, you might give KDE a try. I think there are probably just not enough torch and pitchfork carrying users who want that bit of eyecandy knocking at the gate of Compiz.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Yep, has been broken for quite some times, the good news is that it has nothing to do with your graphic card.

Beans

that's a real shame, whilst it is essentially eye candy it was a great thing to have a strip of workspaces curl up like that into a cylinder, the 3d windows reflected the focus order too. Shame.

I guess with Compiz no longer being maintained that the come unity 8 and mir there'll be no cube? Hopefully no-one is going to be ditching workspace switcher anytime soon...