Thread: how to share lab data with android phone

Beans

Unhappy how to share lab data with android phone

I have installed ubuntu 14.04 os in my laptop Lenovo G580.

i have an android phone (micromax a74), i want to share my lan connection so that i can connect my
    android phone over wifi or bluetooth.

i have searched many things and try many times but nothing is working....

please give me solution of this problem

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: how to share lab data with android phone

This is all off the top of my head, but I know Google is helpful here (as always). In Network Manager, in the wired connection settings (IP4 settings, I think), you can select to share the connection. Then in the wireless settings you can select to make an ad-hoc network to connect to. Then with your phone, connect to that ad-hoc network and you should have the internet on your phone.

I have only done this the other way around (sharing a wireless internet connection through a wire to a Ruku).

Beans

I just connect to my router using wifi. Choose the router from the list of options and enter your WPA2 password when prompted. Then my phone is just like any other LAN client; I can connect to my server and use the JuiceSSH Android client to connect to desktop and laptop machines with openssh-server running.

Do you not have a router? Using the laptop as a router?
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

@ccrs8

ad-hoc n/w is not detected by mobile device...
    thats why in window we use connectify for share lan data with android mobile..

is there any way like connectify , so that i can cannect my mobile to laptop wifi and use internet?

Beans

@SeijiSensei

i don't have any router i have simple a lan connection provided by my college network.