Thread: Laptop won't wake up from sleep mode

Beans

Laptop won't wake up from sleep mode

Hello, this is my first post so let me know if I'm doing something wrong here, but recently, as far back as 13.10, Ubuntu will not resume after I close the lid of my laptop, or if I put it to sleep regularly. Every time, it'll either give me an error screen, or it'll show the login screen, but I can't interact with it at all. Any ideas?

Beans

Re: Laptop won't wake up from sleep mode

May have better luck enabling and getting it wake up using hibernate Test if hibernate works in your case:Before getting started, press Ctrl+ALt+T on your keyboard to open the terminal. When it opens, run:

sudo pm-hibernateAfter you computer turns off, switch it back on. Did your open applications re-open? If hibernate doesn’t work, check if your swap partition is at least as large as your available RAM.

Enable Hibernate in System Tray Menu:

The indicator-session was updated to use logind instead of upower. Hibernate is disabled by default in both upower and logind.

To re-enable hibernate, run the commands below one by one to edit the config file:

sudo -i

cd /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/

gedit com.ubuntu.enable-hibernate.pklaTips: if the config file does not work for you, try another one by changing /var/lib to/etc in the code.

Copy and paste below lines into the file and save it.

[Re-enable hibernate by default in upower]
    Identity=unix-user:*
    Action=org.freedesktop.upower.hibernate
    ResultActive=yes

[Re-enable hibernate by default in logind]
    Identity=unix-user:*
    Action=org.freedesktop.login1.hibernate
    ResultActive=yes

good luck
    trag

Beans

I had the same problem since 13.04. Solved it in 14.04 by changing to the most recent video driver available in Software & Updates/Additional Drivers.

Beans

How strange. Using the NVIDIA proprietary drivers on my Dell Latitude fixed the problem too!
    Thanks for the tip!