Thread: Mythbuntu 14.04 install wireless issue

Beans

Mythbuntu 14.04 install wireless issue

A request for the 14.01.01 version - A method for manually entering wireless network information at install time. I tried to do a clean install of the 14.04 release, and was stopped in my tracks by one issue- I hide the SSID for my network, so that the local script kiddies don't have an easy time finding it. When I installed, the software brought up all of the visible networks, but didn't provide a way to enter my network info manually. I completed install, and tried to set it up through the 'network' menu item. It would be very useful if the software offered a 'connect' button next to the save, edit, other buttons. I tried to find an applet to put in the panel that would let me hit a 'connect' button. Anything I found in the Software Center required a download...

I will simply wait for the .01 release that allows me to upgrade, but I wonder how many users might be stopped in their tracks by something like this?
    Last edited by agamotto; May 16th, 2014 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Solved

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Mythbuntu 14.04 install wireless issue

As a work round, could you temporarily configure your router to show SSID, connect your Myth box then switch router to hide SSID?
    Phil

Beans

Re: Mythbuntu 14.04 install wireless issue

I appreciate the possible solution, but I have learned my lesson... from now on, I wait for the .01 LTS versions!