Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So all those months ago

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: So all those months ago

Quote Originally Posted by sammiev View Post
    I am waiting to see if anyone with the ubuntu gnome updated to Utopic Unicorn yet. I will likely update the source.list tonight.
    yeah .. I put in gnome-session-flashback.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    yeah .. I put in gnome-session-flashback.
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro

Thanks

I switched to gnome-session-compiz last night from login menu while running a unity session. After a while I shut down. Now, thismorning, after booting up, I have no lightdm/unity-greeter. It just booted right up to gnome-session compiz.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    I switched to gnome-session-compiz last night from login menu while running a unity session. After a while I shut down. Now, thismorning, after booting up, I have no lightdm/unity-greeter. It just booted right up to gnome-session compiz.
    Update went very well last night and updates were smooth. Today I took a load of updates and now lost my wire/wireless connections. Time to play.

Edit: 48 more updates taken. Over 150 today alone. Time to reboot.
    Last edited by sammiev; April 26th, 2014 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Update

Beans
    Distro

Update went very well last night and updates were smooth. Today I took a load of updates and now lost my wire/wireless connections. Time to play.
    I think it was mir and unity8 code that caused the problems I had.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Me too on the Gnome Flashback (with Compiz). I haven't been off of it yet.
    No issues to speak of. Received like 142 updates earlier. I probably should reboot and see it that still holds true.

I just commented out the Extra repositories. If I recall correctly those aren't available until later.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Rebooted and 24 more updates still smooth. Logged out and the sessions were all there went back into flashback with compiz. Haven't lost anything.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Just upgraded to 14.10 Utopic Unicorn and systemd

Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    This day or so of living with systemd was nice... I do not have any need to go back... I've even learned some new tricks of keeping things tide and neat with systemd. Thank You for this opportunity. Still on 14.04 and waiting to see real direction 14.10 goes...
    First thing I've learned about systemd is that there is no rc.local way of making things happen on startup but it can be done...
    I'm always happy to learn new tricks even though I'm an old dog, very old... Keep it coming... Thank You for this opportunity, indeed.
    Update₁: I've caught some spare time and SystemD works with (as mentioned above) kernel-3.15-999, and also with 3.13.0-24-lowlatency and liquorix-amd64-3.13-8...
    If you have decided to use systemd as PID 1, please take the time to report bugs(if any).
    Tag them with #systemd-boot and prefix the title with [systemd] so we can track them down easily, here → https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+b...g=systemd-boot

Thank you.

Beans

I'm backup and running. Going after the other updates now. looks like about 20 more or so.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Just upgraded to 14.10 Utopic Unicorn and systemd

Quote Originally Posted by NikTh View Post
    If you have decided to use systemd as PID 1, please take the time to report bugs(if any).
    Tag them with #systemd-boot and prefix the title with [systemd] so we can track them down easily, here → https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+b...g=systemd-boot
    Thank you.
    Yet to find something to complain about. Even boot with linux-libre (gnu, all-free, kernel) went well with systemd (only resolution with radeon was very low, due to Saturday I did not have time to investigate...)... Have not switched (even to see if it still works) in upstart yet...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast