Thread: Adobe Flash apparently not loading properly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Exclamation Adobe Flash apparently not loading properly

Hey everyone. Whenever I try to load something that is powered by Adobe flash, I get this weird purple-pinkish screen effect on the frame where flash is supposed to load. I have two examples shown.

One major break-through clue I discovered when having problems with the Unity HUD (It's solved now, but the thread seems to have gone M.I.A.) is that Linux cannot seem to identify my GPU. Sure, 99% of all visual effects work O.K. (definetly not tip-top shape) but the GPU seems to have a useless ability to render flash on linux. It works fine on windows though. The only browser I am currently using, and will ever use, is Mozilla Firefox (I use links 2, but that is a limited graphical/text browser, and I highly doubt Filezilla or Thunderbird work as web browsers.)

Here are your pictures:

{SIGNATURE REMOVED DUE TO IDIOTS MAKING CRAP OF MY SIGNATURE}

Beans

Re: Adobe Flash apparently not loading properly. Help?

I am not going to ask you to switch web browsers permanently, but you should install google-chrome or chromium and try your flash websites with one of those web browsers. Those browsers use their own varient of the flash plugin and if you find that your websites work with the Google web browser and not with Firefox, then we can localize the problem to the Flash plugin. If the websites that you are trying to view do not work with either web browser, then something else may be going on. Good luck!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Archer920 View Post
    I am not going to ask you to switch web browsers permanently, but you should install google-chrome or chromium and try your flash websites with one of those web browsers. Those browsers use their own varient of the flash plugin and if you find that your websites work with the Google web browser and not with Firefox, then we can localize the problem to the Flash plugin. If the websites that you are trying to view do not work with either web browser, then something else may be going on. Good luck!
    Hey, sorry about this, but this problem was occuring BEFORE I installed the ubuntu 14.04 (This problem was occuring on 13.10) update, now that 14.04 is in place Adobe Flash seems to be working fine & dandy.

Thanks for the help, though!
    {SIGNATURE REMOVED DUE TO IDIOTS MAKING CRAP OF MY SIGNATURE}

Beans

Great! Always like to here it when a problem resolves itself!