View Poll Results: Share with us your Trusty (14.04) Upgrade & Installation Experiences

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upgrade - worked flawlessly.

35 20.11%
  • Upgrade - worked but had a few things to fix, nothing serious though.

26 14.94%
  • Upgrade - had many problems that I've not been able to solve.

16 9.20%
  • Install - worked flawlessly.

43 24.71%
  • Install - worked but had a few things to fix.

37 21.26%
  • Install - had many problems that I have not been able to solve.

17 9.77%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Share with us your Trusty (14.04) Upgrade & Installation Experiences

Beans

Re: Share with us your Trusty (14.04) Upgrade & Installation Experiences

I just switched to Ubuntu 14.04 yesterday. Flawless installation that wiped away Win8.1. I am for sure staying right where I am at. I thought that leaving Windows would be daunting but this is by far the best experience I have with an operating system period. Simple and easy to use. I do miss the aesthetics of Windows and Mac (used OSX for about 2 years), but I can live without it. Bummed out my scanner for my Samsung printer doesn't work, but it isn't necessary after all. There is so much to learn and becoming familiar with the command line is going to be and adventure in and of itself for me. Tough part is memorizing the commands. Anyways, I am enthralled to be a part of such a vast community and look forward to learning more.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rory2 View Post
    I just switched to Ubuntu 14.04 yesterday. Flawless installation that wiped away Win8.1. I am for sure staying right where I am at. I thought that leaving Windows would be daunting but this is by far the best experience I have with an operating system period. Simple and easy to use. I do miss the aesthetics of Windows and Mac (used OSX for about 2 years), but I can live without it. Bummed out my scanner for my Samsung printer doesn't work, but it isn't necessary after all. There is so much to learn and becoming familiar with the command line is going to be and adventure in and of itself for me. Tough part is memorizing the commands. Anyways, I am enthralled to be a part of such a vast community and look forward to learning more.
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

You should start a thread about that scanner in the General Help sub-forum or the New to Ubuntu, so someone could hopefully help you get that working. I have an HP scanner from 2001 that works better with ubuntu than it did with XP. Windows dropped support for it with Vista, 7, and 8.

Cheers & Beers,
    uRock
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Hey,

I'm currently on 12.04, and expericencing some issues so planning to do fresh install of 14.04. Was just browsing around for some reviews and found this thread. Looks quite great from the poll. On my way to the install.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415