Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when i go to update manager and i try to update software update it wont work help!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

when i go to update manager and i try to update software update it wont work help!!!!

so i boot up ubuntu for the first time ever i wached some youtube videos that said to go to update manager to update software so i did that but when i press install updates a messege comes up saying this Not enough free disk space

The upgrade needs a total of 608 M free space on disk '/'. Please free at least an additional 469 M of disk space on '/'. Empty your trash and remove temporary packages of former installations using 'sudo apt-get clean'. so i thought that all i have to do is go into windows operating system and uninstall some things in there but i did just that and then came back to ubuntu and it still says the same thing I NEED HELP PLEASE

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: when i go to update manager and i try to update software update it wont work help

Deleting stuff from Windows probably won't be of much help with the amount of space available on your Ubuntu partition.

First of all, this might sound obvious, but have you emptied Ubuntu's trash yet?

Another thing to keep in mind is that temporary files are generally deleted when you reboot Ubuntu: sometimes this can help.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.
    Please use CODE tags.
    A low-volume blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: when i go to update manager and i try to update software update it wont work help

i did restart like 5 times how do you empty trash i am a newbe PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by joshua20; April 17th, 2014 at 02:25 AM.

Beans

Open a terminal in Ubuntu and type in lowercase (DF -A)

df -a

then paste back what it shows you here please.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

and one more thing when i try to download any thing from the ubuntu software center it says Package operation failed The installation or removal of a software package failed.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

it says command not found

Beans

df

space

-a

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/loop0 2721217 2706577 14640 100% /
    proc 0 0 0 - /proc
    sysfs 0 0 0 - /sys
    none 0 0 0 - /sys/fs/fuse/connections
    none 0 0 0 - /sys/kernel/debug
    none 0 0 0 - /sys/kernel/security
    udev 1526216 4 1526212 1% /dev
    devpts 0 0 0 - /dev/pts
    tmpfs 614316 864 613452 1% /run
    none 5120 0 5120 0% /run/lock
    none 1535788 376 1535412 1% /run/shm
    /dev/sda1 78148160 57853308 20294852 75% /host
    gvfs-fuse-daemon 0 0 0 - /home/lordlundi/.gvfs
    lordlundi@ubuntu:~$ `

Beans

Wubi install and 2.7 gig for the OS ........ am surprised it runs ........ its full already .....
    not sure what you will be able to free up there ........ needs someone to answer this
    that uses wubi

/dev/loop0 2721217 2706577 14640 100% /
    That must be the minimum you can get it running in ........

Yet you have 20 gig free space on sda1 ........ not sure how you can get as much as 600 meg back .... but you may
    Try looking at the link below ( there is some useful information there I think ) - until someone comes along that uses wubi

http://askubuntu.com/questions/10747...ch-space-it-ta
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; April 17th, 2014 at 03:02 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

what do i do about the ubuntu software center it wont let me download anything???????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast