Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 3.15rc1

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM US
    Beans
    314
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    3.15rc1

    cheap hardware....LOTS of it

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    4,512
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 3.15rc1

    Very good one, from the very start... Sure keeper it is...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saranac Lake, NY USA
    Beans
    27
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 3.15rc1

    Wireless doesn't work for me. BCM 4313 isn't recognized like in previous kernels. I plug in my nubbin n usb and it then works. I will try some other thing when I have time.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Beans
    5

    Re: 3.15rc1

    Ready in the past weeks that resume would be much faster, and they didn't lie, it became really fast.
    Since i use it a lot, I'm really happy with nearly no wait time left after resuming with a mouse click after the auto suspend & power off.
    Just feels like a instant power on.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Beans
    1,644
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 3.15rc1

    woah, nvidia drivers working on a rc1?? i don't recall seeing that before...this is amazing!

    Code:
    Current Date/Time: Mon Apr 14 06:55:08 EDT 2014
    Distro Release: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
    Kernel Release: Linux 3.15.0-031500rc1-generic
    Gnome Release: GNOME Shell 3.10.4
    Unity Release: unity 7.2.0
    
    OpenGL vendor string:   NVIDIA Corporation
    OpenGL renderer string: GeForce GTX 480/PCIe/SSE2
    OpenGL version string:  4.4.0 NVIDIA 331.67
    MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5, CPU: AMD FX-8150 Zambezi
    MEMORY: G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB,
    VIDEO CARD: ASUS GTX480
    SSDs: Samsung 840 series 250Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K 120Gb, PNY XLR 120Gb
    OS: Ubuntu Release Candidate, openSuse, Win8.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: 3.15rc1

    Quote Originally Posted by fooman View Post
    woah, nvidia drivers working on a rc1?? i don't recall seeing that before...this is amazing!

    Code:
    Current Date/Time: Mon Apr 14 06:55:08 EDT 2014
    Distro Release: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
    Kernel Release: Linux 3.15.0-031500rc1-generic
    Gnome Release: GNOME Shell 3.10.4
    Unity Release: unity 7.2.0
    
    OpenGL vendor string:   NVIDIA Corporation
    OpenGL renderer string: GeForce GTX 480/PCIe/SSE2
    OpenGL version string:  4.4.0 NVIDIA 331.67
    +1 Pleasant surprise.
    Code:
    Linux me-Aspire-M3300 3.15.0-031500rc1-lowlatency #201404131835 SMP PREEMPT Sun Apr 13 22:44:23 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    WARNING: you should run this program as super-user.
      *-display               
           description: VGA compatible controller
           product: GF119 [GeForce GT 520]
           vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
           physical id: 0
           bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
           version: a1
           width: 64 bits
           clock: 33MHz
           capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
           configuration: driver=nvidia latency=0
    The only thing I had to was restart pulseaudio-x11
    Last edited by QDR06VV9; April 14th, 2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spell monster

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Halloween Town
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

    Re: 3.15rc1

    Yes, it does look promising.
    Code:
    ~$ lsb_release -a && uname -r
    No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
    Description:	Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
    Release:	14.04
    Codename:	trusty
    3.15.0-031500rc1-generic

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Beans
    118

    Re: 3.15rc1

    Well, that's a little bit to far in the future, even "stable" 3.14 is not stable at all and breaks half of the system, need to wait for 3.14.11, so wanting anything from 3.15 is too much, if at least it will boot, it will be a miracle.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    4,512
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 3.15rc1

    Quote Originally Posted by startas View Post
    Well, that's a little bit to far in the future, even "stable" 3.14 is not stable at all and breaks half of the system, need to wait for 3.14.11, so wanting anything from 3.15 is too much, if at least it will boot, it will be a miracle.
    It really depends on a system... Many others, myself included, did not have any glitch even from 3.14 was in rc1... 3.15 is just a cherry on the cake...
    Did You file any bug about those breakages or did You seek for help? Do You mean 3.14 on 14.04 since this forum is about U+1...? Let alone that we are trying 3.15...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    uk
    Beans
    9,324
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: 3.15rc1

    Quote Originally Posted by lonniehenry-gmail View Post
    Wireless doesn't work for me. BCM 4313 isn't recognized like in previous kernels. I plug in my nubbin n usb and it then works. I will try some other thing when I have time.
    Thanks for the heads up with this.
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

    Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •