Hello,

I have Lubuntu 13.10 distro 64Bit edition installed on my computer.

I would like to copy all files off another drive I pulled out of an Apple laptop that is beyond repair (motherboard saturated by red wine). The hard drive doesn't appear to be compromised by moisture damage but it has been playing up for a long time apparently.

Unstoppable copier is great because there is an option to copy or move all the non damaged files first before attempting all the corrupt and damaged files.

But for the life of me I cannot get it to work on Lubuntu. I've tried all the methods in this forum. It is just a pity it isn't a .deb file

So rather than spend any more time on U.C. is there another program that does the same thing and can be used in Lubuntu?

I don't want something that will trash the hard drive trying to get corrupt files copied at the expense of files that are in good condition.

Any ideas?

Also, as an aside, what I have done in the past with Apple computers is to use a live cd and sudo passwd root to give myself permissions to move some of the files off a drive onto another.

This works, and I don't do anything else while the copying is going on, but I'm guessing there is a way of not having to do this right?

Now I have Lubuntu installed on my computer, I don't have a root login at all (and don't intend to)

Regards,

Paul