Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New PC spec

Beans

Re: New PC spec

If you are wanting to stay on a budget definitely go AMD, if your not needing a crazy graphics card to start get a APU that way your not paying extra for a graphics card. I built a budget PC that will run most games on Medium for around $300

Beans

My brother in the UK is about to build a AMD FX-6300 budget rig for gaming.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by buzzingrobot View Post
    Don't overspend on video capacity. Unless you play high-end games, you don't need high-end, expensive, hot and noisy, video cards.

Don't overspend on storage unless you plan on acquiring a massive video collection.

Don't *underspend* on RAM. You don't need a huge amount but 4-8 gigs is a whole lot better than 1-2.
    All of the above matches my requirements. The most processor/memory/storage intensive thing I want my PC to do is process digital photos (Gimp). Otherwise, it's for web-browing (and youtube/other videos), MP3s and other less difficult stuff.

In that case, this looks sufficient to me.

Does anyone have any experience with that cpu and/or views? Alternately, ebuyer sell this more powerful desktop for not much more.

Beans

The SFF with the G3220 with integrated Intel HD graphics will be good. Stay away from Celeron/Sempron chips.
    My Grandfather said that most people who lack a sense of humour don't lack humour, they lack sense.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I just built my new computer last week, after almost 7 years of using the same one. I described it earlier in another thread (here) and it might be worthwhile for you to check it out. The new parts cost me about $650, so since you can build it yourself, and if your budget allows for it, something like mine could work well for you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

I personally would recommend buying from ebuyer I live in Newcastle and use them all the time unless I need a part the same day. May I also recommend buying a motherboard & processor bundle. Just shop around for memory to find where has the best deal's. You can also get a basic ATX case with a 500w psu for around £25 pound.
    The mind is the greatest weapon only the strong will prosper.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

in the us any case that includes a psu will have a low grade psu best used in peoples computers who wont pay you for your work
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12