Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem compiling xmlcopyeditor-1.2.0.10

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seine-et-Oise,France
    Beans
    432
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Problem compiling xmlcopyeditor-1.2.0.10

    The title says it all.

    The version of xmlcopyeditor in the repositories does not work. The most recent source code requires a library that is not available for 12.04LTS, so I downloaded the source for version 1.2.0.10.

    I had to install quite a few libraries to get the configure script to complete, but then make failed.

    Details of the steps and the libraries I installed are below.

    install libxslt1-dev
    unpack the tarball to /usr/local/src
    run configure script

    Code:
    checking for pcre.h... no
    configure: error: PCRE headers not found

    install libpcre++0

    Code:
    checking for pcre.h... no
    configure: error: PCRE headers not found
    install libpcre++-dev and libpcrecpp0
    Code:
    checking xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp usability... no
    checking xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp presence... no
    checking for xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp... no
    configure: error: Xerces-C headers not found

    install libxerces-c-dev
    Code:
    checking for ENCHANT... no
    checking aspell.h usability... no
    checking aspell.h presence... no
    checking for aspell.h... no
    configure: error: Aspell headers not found

    install libenchant-dev and libglib2.0-dev
    install libaspell-dev

    Code:
    configure: creating ./config.status
    config.status: creating Makefile
    config.status: creating src/Makefile
    config.status: executing depfiles commands
    config.status: executing libtool commands
    
    ***************************************
    
    Debug               Disabled
    looks like configure worked.

    make ends with this:

    Code:
    wrapxerces.cpp: In static member function ‘static const wxMBConv& WrapXerces::getMBConv()’:
    wrapxerces.cpp:214:52: error: ‘BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT_MSG’ was not declared in this scope
    make[1]: *** [wrapxerces.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/xmlcopyeditor-1.2.0.10/src'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    Last edited by Keith_Beef; March 26th, 2014 at 10:59 PM.
    Ubuntu 14.04LTS Intel Q9650 SLB8W @ 3.0GHz :: 8 GByte RAM
    640 GBytes of discs :: DVD burner :: BluRay burner
    Mixed ethernet, WiFi and CPL networking :: 2 TByte NAS :: Network Printing :: Raspbian and MacOS

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    6,812

    Re: Problem compiling xmlcopyeditor-1.2.0.10

    perhaps you're missing libboost-dev ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seine-et-Oise,France
    Beans
    432
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Problem compiling xmlcopyeditor-1.2.0.10

    Quote Originally Posted by steeldriver View Post
    perhaps you're missing libboost-dev ?
    It's an idea… I'll try it in a couple of hours. But how could I have known from that message that missing libboost-dev might be the culprit? I would have expected the presence of required libraries to be verified during the configure step, not during make.

    I think you might be right. Now that I've spent a good ten minutes searching for a list of dependencies, I've found this page.

    It lists:
    Dependencies (libraries that need to be present before the tarball compiles)
    ================================================== ==========================

    pcre-devel
    aspell-devel
    boost
    boost-devel
    xerces-c
    xerces-c-devel
    libxml-devel
    libxslt-devel
    expat-devel
    Boost and boost-devel are listed, but they seem to have different names in Ubuntu.

    I'm going to install libboost-all-dev (this grabs a load of other packages as well) and try again.

    Still fails, but with a different message, so boost was indeed one of the culprits.

    Code:
    wrapaspell.cpp: In constructor ‘WrapAspell::WrapAspell(wxString)’:
    wrapaspell.cpp:43:51: error: no matching function for call to ‘enchant::Broker::request_dict(const wxString&)’
    wrapaspell.cpp:43:51: note: candidate is:
    /usr/include/enchant/enchant++.h:224:11: note: enchant::Dict* enchant::Broker::request_dict(const string&)
    /usr/include/enchant/enchant++.h:224:11: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const wxString’ to ‘const string& {aka const std::basic_string<char>&}’
    make[1]: *** [wrapaspell.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/xmlcopyeditor-1.2.0.10/src'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    So going back to that list I found, libxml-devel and libxslt-devel might correspond to libxml++2.6-dev (not yet installed) and libxslt1-dev (already installed).
    Last edited by Keith_Beef; March 27th, 2014 at 09:49 AM.
    Ubuntu 14.04LTS Intel Q9650 SLB8W @ 3.0GHz :: 8 GByte RAM
    640 GBytes of discs :: DVD burner :: BluRay burner
    Mixed ethernet, WiFi and CPL networking :: 2 TByte NAS :: Network Printing :: Raspbian and MacOS

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •