Thread: has anybody even bothered to test the powerpc version??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Question has anybody even bothered to test the powerpc version??

I was wondering, since I ended up with a used powerbook, if lubuntu ppc is effectively dead??

I burned the cd and booted but it has no live desktop option only CLI with install... has anyone tested the PPC version, what works what doesn't?

Beans

Re: has anybody even bothered to test the powerpc version??

Quote Originally Posted by nomenkultur View Post
    I was wondering, since I ended up with a used powerbook, if lubuntu ppc is effectively dead??

I burned the cd and booted but it has no live desktop option only CLI with install... has anyone tested the PPC version, what works what doesn't?
    @nomenkultur:

Since the purpose of a forum is to converse, I'm replying . . . lubuntu for ppc is not dead. They are working on the next LTS version, 14.04 now; but the 12.04 LTS version is ready now and would probably work on your powerbook w/o too much trouble. There IS a Live desktop version for 12.04 . . . if you look for it . . . just make sure you see the "ppc" in the .iso file name. I think for 12.04 most of the 'buntu flavors work with ppc; with 14.04 there are less options for ppc, but lubuntu is one of them. There is a FAQ for PPC in the Ubuntu wiki.

e.e.p.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: has anybody even bothered to test the powerpc version??

I have not.

The iMac could run it but it boots three OSs already and I like 10.4 Tiger on it.

iMac G4 800MHz, Compaq E500, ThinkPad X200
    Classic Mac Networking v3.1 http://applefool.com/se30/
    "Linux assumes you know exactly what you are doing." -oboedad55, ubuntuforums.org