Thread: Shotwell lost my photos - not in Trash folder

Beans

Shotwell lost my photos - not in Trash folder

Using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Shotwell 0.12.3.

I lost my photos in Shotwell.... First off, Shotwell somehow imported all my photos off of my flash drive. Was not happy that it popped up in the first place...

The problem with Shotwell is that once I chose: ´ŕemove from library´, thought that Shotwell would have put them into the Shotwell trash folder. Once removed, the pictures were nowhere.... gone. Not happy.

Note to self: remove Shotwell from pc.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Shotwell lost my photos - not in Trash folder

Remember that in Linux terms 'remove' is absolute. Not all Linux distros have a trash folder, so be careful next time.

Beans

Re: Shotwell lost my photos - not in Trash folder

Thanks for replying to my post. Actually the post was rhetorical. I wasn't expecting anyone to respond, except possibly for the Ubuntu community- the author of Shotwell saying something like: 'oh yeah, I should fix that'.

To be more clear.. as per my first post, the photos were in Shotwell. And if you ever used it, you will see that Shotwell has its own Trash folder. This is the misleading part. Because after I opted for "Remove from Album", I expected what all program trash folders to do- collect the trash. Didn't work. Photos were lost to the bit bucket. Appearances can be deceiving, my friend.