Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Like posts

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Like posts

Wow! Thanks so much guys! I have been thinking the same thing these days, that I would love to show some love to those that put together some nice, helpful explanation, and something like this would be ideal. In fact, I wish we had the button now just so I could 'Like' your idea forrestcupp

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    The forum I'm talking about is a lot smaller community than this one. It has several good, active mods, but the admins are hardly ever around. They are also admins over a big Android forum owned by the same person. So I haven't been able to get a hold of the main admin over there to find out what plugin they're using. I've PMed him, but haven't heard anything back, and the mods don't have any knowledge of the inner workings of the forum setup. If I hear anything back, I'll let you guys know.

If you want to see what I'm talking about, it's at the Wii U Forums. I'm not sure if you have to be signed in as a member to see the Like feature. Basically, in the lower right corner of each post are links to "Like" or "Share" the post. Sorry I haven't been able to get info on plugins. I do think this feature would be great to have on this forum, though. "Liking" posts has kind of become ingrained into our modern society.

Edit: And I didn't post that link for people to trash the Wii U.
    So ...

I had a look about - the only 'Like' plugin that I can see, costs money so not sure we'd swing that and also leaves adverts at each and every page bottom. All the other 'Like' plugins I have seen so far are actually just the same as the old Thanks one we had - updated.

Now that I look at the site you mentioned, specifically at the bottom of the page to see if there are adverts there - I see that the forum is vBSEO - which has the like thing built in - so it is entirely likely that there is no plugin there.

Shall keep looking though.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    So ...

I had a look about - the only 'Like' plugin that I can see, costs money so not sure we'd swing that and also leaves adverts at each and every page bottom. All the other 'Like' plugins I have seen so far are actually just the same as the old Thanks one we had - updated.

Now that I look at the site you mentioned, specifically at the bottom of the page to see if there are adverts there - I see that the forum is vBSEO - which has the like thing built in - so it is entirely likely that there is no plugin there.

Shall keep looking though.
    Wow. I didn't know that. So it may not be quite as feasible here. No biggie. I just thought I'd bring it up. Thanks for looking into it, though.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

The admin over at Wii U Forums finally got back to me. He verified that it is vbSEO that has the "Like" feature built into it. He also said that it's recently been all over the web that the company went out of business. That's a shame because I'm hearing that a lot of forums used it.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thanks for confirming that.

Didn't know that about vbseo - but I tend to only to go looking at vb things when searching with a "why doesn't this work anymore !!" type of search

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123