Hello,

I'm newer to Ubuntu forum.

You can call me Gus.

I think in planning a new programmation for developing the new characters to the font system of Ubuntu and Linux, as they're open source, I can modify, add and save it as a package or repository for distributing to the users for updating Linux's typography system.

I'm not speaking of creating the new glyphs, new font and putting the new letters on the existing characters.

But the new characters, which are different of glyphs which are letter's bodies for drawing. Characters are letters which the OSes support. Letters are drawn and written bodies.

For example, A, B, C, あ, え, お, う, α, β, κ, π, а, в, ч, я, ש, ל, ע, א, are characters which are existing and supported in the most of the OSes.

Before the euro being released, there wasn't the symbol € in the font system. After it, the OSes have updated the font system.

I don't want to put the Cyrillic letters on the Latin or Japanese characters, or Latin or Japanese on the Cyrillic characters.

The movies anthropologists, linguists and designers created the new languages as Na'Vi, Tengwar, Klingon and old and new Kryptonian letters and also the new grammar and their rules.

In the current font system, there aren't the new languages characters, Tengwar characters, Klingon characters, Kryptonian characters.

Then I want to create the new characters for new letters that I'm going to draw on the glyphs. I don't want to put new Tengwar, Kryptonian or any fictional or not-recognised languages letters on the existing Latin, Cyrillic, Arabic and Japanese characters for expanding and completing the fonts.

Not only that, I want to develop new keyboards, languages packs for orthography and grammar, and languages translation packs for the OS and the apps too. If all that is possible, I would like to share and distribute as repositories to the users interested for updating Linux, the characters and the fonts.

Is it possible? How?