Thread: Is it a problem of DVD-RW ?

Beans

Is it a problem of DVD-RW ?

Hi friends ,

I have Dual boot system. ( Win 7 and Ubuntu 12.04 )
    I had burned Ubuntu 12.10 iso image on DVD when it was released. I successfully installed it also. But after I installed Cent-Os.
    So now again I tried to installed Ubuntu 12.10 through same DVD , but it is not getting installed. Not even that DVD is booting. DVD-RW showing it as blank DVD.
    I tried different DVD ( GRUB DVD ) it is also not working which I had used before successfully.
    So I installed Ubuntu 11.10 which was on CD. It was successfully installed.( then I updated it to 12.04 as it is no longer supported) Then I tried to burn 13.10 iso image on DVD. Successfully burnt but not booting and again DVD -RW showing it as blank DVD. I tried all options from boot menu to boot DVD but all the time computer is booting from HDD i.e either Win 7 or 12.04.
    If I try any movie DVD it is successfully running. But why other DVD's are not running. Bcoz of this I cant installed 13.10 though I have it on DVD.
    Last edited by tusharkoshti; March 16th, 2014 at 07:22 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Is it a problem of DVD-RW ?

hi i know you might have already checked, but can one more check, on windows 7 what is the content of DVD ? or is it blank ?

one more thing to remind is, you are burning the content of ISO, but not the actual ISO.

Beans

In Win 7 also it is showing blank DVD.
    At 1st time it shows content of Cent-Os DVD. After refreshing , it shows blank DVD.
    ( I had burned ISO of Cent-Os few months back, but now I have not inserted Cent-OS DVD , still it is showing content of Cent-OS. Why ? )

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Bad dvds perhaps? Most computers from the past 5 years can boot from a usb drive. Try that. The good thing is, you can reuse the same drive for the next version of {Xu,Lu,Ku,U}buntu when it's released, or if you just want to try something else. Or reuse for anything else, but it's best to have a live disk at hand at any time.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/In...n/FromUSBStick