Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Why does everyone hate Ubuntu?

Beans

Re: Why does everyone hate Ubuntu?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    Is there no end to the complaints by unity haters? If you want a "traditional desktop",--ie some thing that looks like Windows xp,-- you have plenty to choose from xubuntu, lubuntu, gnome-fallback, mate and whatever it is called that they use in Mint (but can be installed in Ubuntu I think). There is also KDE which is more modern and polished but still adheres to the 'desktop' metaphor, so it looks more like Win7 than XP. Or if you want something really retro there is Trinity (looks like beaten up Win98)

Meanwhile there are only two out of so many which are modern and different: unity and gnome shell. So quit complaining that your choice has been taken away while the truth is that you want to take away the choice of others who like something more modern and polished because it seems that you people just won't stop complaining until all Linux desktops look like yesterday's Windows.
    You know what, I wasn't going to post on this thread again, But I am not standing for the mis-characterisation of being labelled a "hater" which, by implication, you are insinuating by making these posts immediately following my contributions to this thread. I have not personally used that word once in my posts, What I have done is to make posts explaining my position vis a vis the efficiency of Unity as a mouse and keyboard Desktop PC interface. You may agree or disagree and you are entirely entitled to say why. But, enough with the ******** mischaracterisations monkeybrain. Then, again, I shouldn't be surprised. I was wondering when the faux reasonableness would give way to the usual tactics I have seen you and a small but consistent band of other sock puppet posters employ on a number of other similar threads. None of which is to excuse idiots who come out with irrational attacks on the likes of Unity. As it happens, I think Unity, especially the upcoming Mir from what I have read, will be a killer OS for tablets and other touch devices. My position is that it is not an efficient OS for keyboard and mouse based desktops and the reason Cannonical have had so much flack over it is precisely because so many of the Ubuntu user demographic are keyboard and mouse desktop PC users.

To repeat, my initial reason for posting on this thread was to commend the Ubuntu Mate developers for making a proper, fully functional desktop Interface alternative for keyboard, mouse and monitor users. But I have, instead, found myself dragged into this utterly sterile non-debate by posters like you. In short, you have achieved precisely the opposite of that which you, presumably, intended,
    Last edited by stevecook; November 12th, 2014 at 05:31 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Closed for staff review.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Following staff review, this thread will stay closed.

It has wandered too far from the original question and has become yet another desktop comparison thread. That’s why it was moved to Recurring Discussions. And now it has started to go round in circles, which is why it is now closed.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112