Thread: Photoshop cs6 brushes etc making dots instead of lines

Beans

Lightbulb Photoshop cs6 brushes etc making dots instead of lines

I have a peculiar problem which no one else on the internet seems to be having.

I run Ubuntu 13.10 with Wine 1.7.14 and have installed Photoshop CS6 Extended. Everything works just fine except for the occasional freeze and for this one problem:

When I have the brush or eraser or anything like that up, I click and hold the left mouse button or use my Wacom pen to draw a line, but most of the time, instead of drawing the line, it just leaves a dot, like I had just clicked once, not clicked and held. What is more strange is that this happens for every 5 or 6 goes, then suddenly it will work perfectly, then the moment I release the mouse or take my pen off the pad it happens again.

I have updated Wine, uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and spent countless hours researching online, all to no effect.

Anyone know what the hell is up?

Thanks

Beans

Re: Photoshop cs6 brushes etc making dots instead of lines

Did you ever solve this? I have the exact same problem.

Beans

Angry Re: Photoshop cs6 brushes etc making dots instead of lines

No never got anywhere with it. It is amazing how something so trivial ruins your workflow.

I have tried installing different copies of the photoshop install exe and in fact today tried Gnome instead of Unity just to see if this would make any difference.

Nothing seems to help, my last hope, not being a linux superman is upgrading to 14.04 next month, although I am not holding my breath that it will make any difference.

I find it amazing that no one has ventured an opinion on our difficulties, in a forum where questions on anti-aliased windows will draw thousands of comments.

If I do ever find a solution other than the obvious one of using my wife's Windows machine, then I will be sure and let you know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

The problem is with Wine and not with Ubuntu. I had the same problem and I read some things about it over at Wine's website. I didn't solve my problem, instead I switched to GIMP. But you can still try asking on Wine forums about it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Don't know if you've read through the testing results on the WineHQ website page for CS6: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=25607

But ... in general, a rating of Silver means that the app is missing quite a few key features, otherwise, it would have merited a higher rating.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.