Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citrix ICAClient - SSL error 61 - common solutions did not work

Beans

Citrix ICAClient - SSL error 61 - common solutions did not work

I know there have been a lot of posts about this but I can't seem to solve it.

I've been using the Citrix Receiver on my 64-bit machine for more than two years. On Friday, it stopped working and gave me the SSL error 61. I was, at the time, using Pear OS. I'd already decided to switch back to Ubuntu since Pear isn't being developed and because, well, I keep coming back to Ubuntu. I like to try different distros for fun but I generally come back to Ubuntu. And the Citric Receiver has always worked on Ubuntu.

Soooo, when it stopped working on Friday I didn't think much of it. I was already thinking about installing Ubuntu. Not as a fix but just that I didn't really think about it and was thinking about doing the install, etc.

After I installed Ubuntu 13.10 I installed the 64-bit Citrix Receiver, following the instructions here down to the letter.

I am able to log on but I am not able to access my remote desktop. When I log on I am provided with a link to the remote desktop. When I click on the link I get a pop-up that says:

Contact your help desk with the following information: You have not chosen to trust "VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA - G3", the issuer of the server's security certificate (SSL error 61).
    First I called my help desk. They told me they only support Windows. And then they told me they don't have anything to do with the certificates and that's an issue between my non-Windows browser and Citrix.

Second, I've tried some of the solutions I've searched for on the internet, including on this forum:

1. I went to a Windows computer and exported the certificate, changed the extension from .cer to .crt, and imported it into FireFox. Didn't work.
    2. I saved that same certificate to /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts. Didn't work.
    3. I tried exporting from FireFox into /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts. Didn't work.
    4. I tried different browers - Chromium, Chrome, Midori, Opera. Didn't work.
    5. I went to VeriSign and checked my certificate chain and it said:

Root installed on the server.
    For best practices, remove the self-signed root from the server.

Update your certificate chain.
    Your certificate chain is valid, but some older browsers may not recognize it. To support older browsers, download and install the missing intermediate certificate. | Download certificate

What does that mean and can I fix it?

I did download the certificate and imported it to FireFox, and saved it to /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts but that didn't work.

I don't know what to do now. I telework two days a week and need to access my remote desktop to do so. I've made do by using my son's Windows computer but, as you can image, it's far from ideal.

Beans

Re: Citrix ICAClient - SSL error 61 - common solutions did not work

Nothing? No one can help me?

Beans

Rename the extention on the file to .crt and include it in this directory /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacert

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ouelletjon View Post
    Rename the extention on the file to .crt and include it in this directory /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacert

Hi, thanks, I tried that. It didn't work.

For now I am using Internet Explorer via VirtualBox but it's not ideal.

Beans

Download the "VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA - G3" root certificate here and copy it to /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacert

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Teobaldo_Percy_Ch View Post
    Download the "VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA - G3" root certificate here and copy it to /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacert
    Thanks, but that doesn't work. I've tried that before. The official work is that only IE is supported. But I know that Chrome in Windows works, as well. Or it does in my VirtualBox version of Windows 7.

Beans

i'm still having this same issue. i've copied all the certs to every folder mentioned in this thread.

could someone please give me a hand?

Beans

sudo ln -s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
    sudo c_rehash /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/

should help with the new certificate. At least it worked for me.

Source: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CitrixICAClientHowTo

Beans

Great... I dont know what these commands did exactly.. BUT IT WORKS for me..

cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

For me, the thawte root CA i needed was not in the certificate chain. I followed the instructions at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CitrixICAClientHowTo to install and configure my ICA client. I then opened the web interface (through a netscaler) of my company's citrix site. I clicked the lock icon (in firefox) and viewed the certificate. I hit the export button and exported each level of the certificate to DER format and named them with a .cer extension. I then placed all the .cer files in /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla and performed the commands others have mentioned in this thread to link and rehash the certs:
    sudo ln -s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
    sudo c_rehash /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/

Now that i have the cert chain imported it works like a charm!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast