Thread: Support for AMD Radeon HD 8081?

Hybrid View

Beans

Support for AMD Radeon HD 8081?

Hi, I owned a laptop (asus 1025C) which had integrated graphics card (gma 3600) that was very wrong ... It had no drivers, and watch a movie with a rather good quality, mp4 was impossible. indeed .... I could not use unity3D

I will buy another laptop, but first I want to ask if this notebook:

http://www8.hp.com/lamerica_nsc_cnt_...167#!tab=specs

whose amd radeon 8081 graphics card is relatively new .... works well

I know from valve drivers have improved a lot .... this laptop will work with linux, especially with ubuntu?

thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: laptop and ubuntu

Before buying new stuff: Have you tried Lubuntu 13.10 on the Asus?
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Re: laptop and ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mörgæs View Post
    Before buying new stuff: Have you tried Lubuntu 13.10 on the Asus?

Yes, lubuntu, xubuntu, ubuntu with gnome fallback... KDE.... even windows xd any of them works a bit... its lagged, and like I say before, view a video file, its imposible...

It has an infamous cpu N2800 with integrated gma 3600 graphic card... intel has not launched a good video driver form linux, (we only have a poor 2D driver) and windows.... well.... its windows.... (it doesnt work very well) thats because i want to ask for AMD Radeon HD 8081... because I dont want the same problem with other laptop....

Anyway... searching for ATI drivers, the latest beta driver has support for HD 8000 series, and I think that Valve caused ATI and NVidia to develop good drivers to make SteamOS playable....

What do you think?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Support for AMD Radeon HD 8081?

Sorry, I don't know the Radeon. Have changed the title of the thread to (hopefully) catch someone who does.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Support for AMD Radeon HD 8081?

There have been problems with using the fglrx drivers from the repos on the AMD HD 8xxx series cards. I have an 8850 and the Additional Drivers trashed my PC when I tried to install them.

However, I downloaded the Catalyst 14.1 drivers from AMD, uncompressed the file, executed the ".run" file -- and the drivers installed without a hitch -- and are working without any problems.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.